My first day

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Hello all,
Been reading this for a while and Sat ordered my first detectorn an Ace 250. It showed up today and when my 7 yo got off the bus we had 30 min to try it out before cub scouts. We found 2 carbon arrows someone "me" missed the target with. Points were about 6" underground. Then went to the front yard and found a clad dime near the basketball goal. A tornado tore up the house before we moved into it so I'm sure there's lots of trash around, but it was really fun to find ANYTHING in a quick matter of time. And now my 7yo and I are plotting out future hunts. It really is a plug and play machine. Hey I made $20 back in the arrows. I know this isn't much but I look foward to making better finds soon.

Upvote 0

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard one of the best websites for treasure hunters. You did very well for the first time out. The ACE250 is an excellent machine. I have used mine for two years and will continue to use it. Keep us posted on your finds. HHHH

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Hi KD5,

I bought an ACE250 three years ago. Put it together and drove over to my Dad's house to give it a try. I turned it on, handed it to him, and told him to take it on the maiden voyage. My dad made a few swings, got a beep, and dug up one of his carbon arrows!

You're going to love that machine. Take it slow, do your research, and you'll get results.

MP

Weddle546

Oct 27, 2009
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Ancient coinmaster
Welcome to the site. I have been thinking about getting an ace 250 as i dont have much money to spare lately. And i have heard countless times that they are good machines for the buck. My old coinmaster is passing good deep stuff up i know it. Anyone know how the Ace 250's read coins? I can bury a quarter 6" down and not get a beep from my old P.O.S. But it picks up large stuff! lol

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You started out way better than I did.
I still have my first 12 pulltabs!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! You will enjoy this forum. Great bunch of people. Ace gets great reiews. Hope you and your 7yo find many more treasures! Detectahead

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to TNET kd5txx. This is a great place with good people and lots of help and advice available. If you are up 20 bucks on your first day out you are way ahead of the curve. Be careful, it can get addicting. Take care and Happy Hunting.

capt.

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Great finds for a first day.....you will find yourself hooked on this as I have and find yourself unconciously(spelling?) looking for sites to search as you are driving to work or wherever...this is a great site for any kind of info,,,so keep us posted...HH,,,,TC

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! Sounds like you're off to a good start! Amazing how easy arrows are to lose once they go into the grass.

HH
Rusted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions