An Ace 250 day of quick hits, fialure and successes...

D

DavHut(SC)

...Well okay only part of a day. I had to do some errands and regular stuff first - my son got his learners permit. Now I have a personal driver anytime I wanna go anywhere :P.

I also made a good sale of one of my detectors to a fellow I recently met. I actually made a little money instead of losing some, as usual. Thats a boon! he also has a lot of sites and we hope to hook up soon. Hmmm, I think Ill take him some of those old bottles I got scattered all over from my old digs... ::)
Then, my son spotted this place:
DSCF0001.jpg

unfortunately it was all trash, demolished homes built in the mid 50's. Not a good way to spend my time, I figured after about half an hour. >:( So, it was on to the next site:
DSCF0003.jpg

Now this is my favorite soccer field. EVERY Sunday the local hispanics gather here to play soccer. Whole families turn out and during the summer; it looks like a fiesta at the sidelines! I never got far away from that goal you see - I found two multi coin pocket spills and got a lot of other change - no jewelry, alas. On other junkets here I've found more goodies. All told, Ive probaly cleared $4-$5 from the area you see. Then, later, as I was driving back past this same place, I noticed they had the gate open to another place, here:
DSCF0002.jpg

These little "pocket parks" are usually locked up tight, as they are in the center of our softball pentaplexes. You can see one of these "multiplexes" in the background of the above foto. We have two of these 5-field complexes and another being built, each with their own little kiddie park - but they are always kept locked when not in use. Today this little piggybank was open and I went to it.
Found about a $ in quarters and dimes along a retaining wall facing the third base line at one of the fields, as I was heading back from clearing the kiddie park(the wall looked just like the ones you see in the photo, only about 3 feet high). Apparently, spectators sit on the wall, hang their butts over the back edge of the bricks and, voila! - coins lost right next to the bricks, in the grass. I didnt even have to dig, just run my fingers in the crack (oh, now that sounds lewd ;D)
DSCF0004.jpg

Heres a chunk of the change found on the spare tire; I just reached in my coin pocket and grabbed some - note the South Carolina Gamecocks sticker on my cars window. Can you see it?? Look close...
DSCF0005.jpg

Heres some more of the finds from today .It's not all of them, as I got them mixed up and the rest ended up in my coffer box. The bottle was eyeballed at the site of an old church renovation. They've scraped a lot of the dirt up for the rebuild and piled it at the rear of the lot. My new bud who bought the detector told me about it and I went to have a look. Tomorrow, Ill go detect the pile a little.

While out tooling and erranding, I stopped at a volleyball court at an apartment complex to ask permission and offer my services - and got refused. The woman in the office gave me a NO and I suspect she figured I was a crackpot or something like it. Ill try again if I think about it in the future. Maybe Ill shave and comb my hair next time.
But, while I was refused at that one, I got blanket permission to hunt an old house from the 1880's, former sight of the Sisters of Mercy home and school, now a private residence. One window closes another opens...

Good wishes from the Palmetto State and HH

Upvote 0

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Nice hunt day.

Glad to hear you have permission to search around an old house.

I have permission to search the grounds of a home built in 1871. There is a house, a barn and an old ice house on the property.

Let us know what you find at the old house.

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats ! It looks like you had a real productive day after all.

Huntin' 59er

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to shabby for part of a day. but how did you find that rubber tire, must of had fun digging that up. hh and keep it up

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that bottle!! Good eyeballing! :)

Top Member Reactions