got to hunt two great spots and get two great cw firsts

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
first day we went to site i found some eagle I buttons before.It is a place between two large camps that has produced well in the past. First target were a couple scattered round ball then on this trail is where I found 3 eagle buttons one being a I .well sorry to say they never made it home . They were in a paper towel on my wifes dash while I was out sunday ,so their fair game again boys :( anyways the the rest of the hunt turned up total of 20 69 cal round ball 9 58 minie 2 cleaners between the two of us and a pistol bullet that may be 30 cal. and the first i got out of that spot was a canteen spout , preety cool!then sunday I was off to the point with my brother in law "no relation" there was a confederate battery near buy that the union did attack so I was hopeing to find some frag at least.Well we must have found a picket or look out camp cause after all the trash came up the relics started bitting . First thing was lead then we got in to some buckles and other horse related items.I started finding rivets and alot of harmonica reeds . Melted lead was everywhere then I got a deeeeeep signal started diggin a found a tent spike large piece of iron on top pic checked the hole and it was singing 79vdi dug deeper about 14 in and out came my first complete navy cononball fuse it has ORD with anchor and 1861 stamped on it and its a real beauty!!!so I took the good with the bad and still came out on top . Thank you for reading my first of hopefully many posts.

dirt.

Attachments

• 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    404.8 KB · Views: 616
  • 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 608
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 601
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 588
  • 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 586
Upvote 0

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Cool... natural smiley face on a round ball! Or, it's maker was going to send the enemy a smiley!!

Slab

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Hey
I saw that fuse last Sunday ha ha I would pound that place hard

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds keep at the spot for sure!!!

OP
OP
dirt diggler

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thanks all ....those sites are promiseing .The place I got the fuse is small have to try to warm up to the neighbors :wink:
sorry bout the first pics that wont happen again . :tongue3:

OP
OP
dirt diggler

dirt diggler

Mar 18, 2009
Stafford VA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
vayank54 said:
Hey

well vayank54 hope to do that did you get your machine workin mine is preety much good I just picked a D2 for my DFX hope to hunt with you again

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
dirt diggler said:
vayank54 said:
Hey

well vayank54 hope to do that did you get your machine workin mine is preety much good I just picked a D2 for my DFX hope to hunt with you again
Yep got'er fixed. one of the switches was loose which I half way tightened when I went back to my truck and my headphones had a short but I've got everything fixed and ready to go. It was good meeting you and I hope we can hunt together again too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread