1794 Liberty Cap large Cent

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
CKK went back to the latest vanished homesite. Last week it produced a nice KG I, and 2 other colonials for Kyle. Kirk found a decent KG II and a Draped bust largie. I was skunked for coins. I did manage to find a button and a chicken toy which I am including in todays finds on this post. Today was a whole other ballgame for me. I found CKK's favorite coin of all times. Well at least realistically the favorite. A chain cent would trump it but my hopes are not up to that scale. A Liberty Cap ( Thicky ) Large cent is premiered ultimate if you ask me and this is exactly what I found. Not 30 minutes into my hunt my Whites Vision did it's thing and told me "Dig this obvious Copper you lunkhead" So I did. I immediately started to swoon and stammer out loud to K & K who wasn't 10 yards away. " It's a Thicky" over and over. I was about to do the Gibbon dance like I did last year when I found my last thicky but soon got ahold of myself and calmed a little. High fives and hand shakes were passed around liberally. 1794 Liberty Cap Large Cent to go into my collection. My first thick one this year. My 3rd over all. I found a half cent a couple of years ago. I did find a Liberty Cap thinny this year also. I just love how you can read ONE HUNDRED FOR A DOLLAR on the side of the coin. I see a new spot on the horizon for Sunday. :thumbsup:
Chris

PIC00004.jpg
PIC00007.jpg
PIC00008.jpg
PIC00009.jpg
PIC00010.jpg
PIC00011.jpg
PIC00012.jpg

Upvote 4

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1235CE said:
Derek752 said:
W-T-G CCZ WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG WTG !!!!!

Holy sheep S&*((^T Chris WTG !! She's a beauty ! You lucky dawg !

Good thing it was bust side down in the doyt ( dirt ) and the date and everything is legible.

My oldest LG cent was that 1795 Thickie I dug back 2 years ago.

Man I miss diggin colonial coins -n- relics :crybaby2: :sad11: :crybaby2:

Gonna try ta come home in March so I can hunt my GW inagural button field

Go dig a chain now :thumbsup:

Congrats homie

D.

This brings up an interesting topic.........do we think this coin sat face down for 200+ years and the fertilizer (or standing water) killed the reverse and left the obverse in good shape?? :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

200+ years of frost heaves and field plowing didn't flip this coin at some point?? :dontknow:

I have many Large Cents, Indian Heads and Wheats that have the same problem, one side good, one side bad........ and many times this happens in a place that hasn't seen any fertilizer........very interesting.......thoughts anyone?

HH all!!

Greg
I was told Acid rain will do that over years if the coin is not disturbed or deep enough not to heave Acid rain has been around since the coal industry started a few hundred years ago

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Awesome find. :thumbsup: Don't know how i missed this post.

Congrats on the great find. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

dicer

Jan 19, 2006
Spicer
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro Tesoro Sand Shark Fisher cz7
congradulations :icon_thumleft: hope you get another soon

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used