Great Day. Havent Had One Like This In A Long Time.

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Wanted to get out for a bit today before back to work tomorrow. But I am so tired of hitting the same old spots. They are all played out. So I put on my collared shirt and out the door I went to do some knocking. The first house I stopped at was a beautiful colonial. The owner said he was on his way out so I couldn't do it then. I asked him if I could do is some other time and he said I could come back this Saturday that he would be home all day. Score. So I get in the car and realize the house next to it is pretty old. Not as old but old. The Gentleman was outside in his garage so I figured what the hay. I walked up to him and his dog came out at me. He says don't worry he will only lick you to death. I introduced myself and told him what I wanted to do in his yard. He gave me the normal 2 head look and then said "Sure Knock Yourself Out" I thanked him and went to the car and got my stuff. Hit the yard which wasn't to big. Under an Acre. Started by the big tree and got a great hit. Turned out to be a pull tab. Ok I thought to myself here comes the norm. Tons of trash. But it wasn't that way at all. I started finding coin after coin. Coins everywhere. Found over 20 Wheat Cents. 5 Silver quarters, 3 silver dimes, 1 war nickel, a Indian Head, And a 1821 LC. Also I found a small gold wedding band which he told me he lost years ago. I gladly gave it back to him more than happy with my pocket full O coins. Also found a few matchbox cars, and some trash but not to much. I thanked the man and the rest is History.. Best Coin Day I have Had In A Long Time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,114
Upvote 0

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I love days like that, and they are too far and too few between...CONGRATS!

~Tom

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding job, Jim. Looks like you had a above normal day. By finding that ring you really sealed the deal to hunt again, I'm sure :hello2:

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice key date LC. Believe it or not, the first LC I ever found was an 1821. Congratulations! Hogge

OP
OP
FunWithTreasure

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Ya the finding the ring was cool. He didnt tell me he lost it before I started. I think he must have forgoten he lost it.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt there congrats.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the date real good on that war nickle.. might be a 3 over 2.. and nice silver :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds and good job on getting permission to search the yard, bet the owner was glad to get his ring back. thanks for sharing and hh

WhiteHunter

Dec 28, 2006
Hampshire
Detector(s) used
E-trac,X-Terra 70, Ace 250 with Sniper Coil, Sea Hunter MK2
amazing how many coins you can find it such a small area, well done :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread