Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironhorse and I had a good day of digging, found and old site, dug all day, but just didn't hit the big one. Usually a day like this gives up an early military but this is a very weird year for us, they just don't seem to want to come out. If it had, it would have made the two trash dumps I dug into a whole lot more interesting, and probably worth digging out. The take was a bunch of buttons, including some pewter designed, a tombac designed, a silvered designed, and a couple neat matching glass ones. (I believe it's a ship with two sails and a flag... very hard to take a good pic) The coins are pretty crusty but are... 1797 Twopence/2 Penny (HUGE copper, and a first for me) 1775 Brit. George Halfpenny, Brit. George II & Irish George II.

The best thing about this hunt was it's a different area than we've been, and there's lots of fields left!

Attachments

• dd1.jpg
    dd1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,182
  • cart1.jpg
    cart1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,078
  • cart2.jpg
    cart2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,081
  • dd4.jpg
    dd4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • dd8.jpg
    dd8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • dd7.jpg
    dd7.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,094
Upvote 1

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Missed this :icon_scratch:

How anyone lost a twopence I will never know, 'oh I just taken my foot off I wonder where the coin is' :D

Close but no cigar, as they say, must be worth further investigation though.

Maybe it's what was attached to the horse to disc the field. ;D

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
sweet ! your doing good grasshopper! Any time you need more pointers,give me a holler! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marc(NB) said:
sweet ! your doing good grasshopper! Any time you need more pointers,give me a holler! :thumbsup:

Yeah, if I need someone that really uses their head to dig! :laughing9:

Hidden_Realm

Oct 18, 2009
Niagara, Canada
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Not a bad hunt at all there IP, and bet there is a lot more just waiting close by too. Find the iron patch and digggggggggggggggggggg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the 2P IP. Nice shape to boot. :thumbsup:
I got my first readable 1P last week.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we're heading back to our new area tomorrow!

As the year draws closer to an end even though you wouldn't know it with the weather we've been having, I still need one good find to call it a good year.

1) My first choice would me an early military relic, hoping Rev War and something I've never found, or at least something I have found but decent condition.

2) Pre 1800 silver. Any type of coin, when they're that old, they're all good!

3) Something different than what I was expecting or hoping for, but good none the less. When it's not a number 1 or 2 it has to be pretty interesting to get my attention!

I guess there's at least a few digs left for the year but I hope to hit one of the three sooner than later. Gotta do it! :thumbsup: I've gone 2/3 (maybe 3/3) several times so that would be a great day!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:

As the year draws closer to an end even though you wouldn't know it with the weather we've been having, I still need one good find to call it a good year.

1) My first choice would me an early military relic, hoping Rev War and something I've never found, or at least something I have found but decent condition.

3) Something different than what I was expecting or hoping for, but good none the less. When it's not a number 1 or 2 it has to be pretty interesting to get my attention!

I guess there's at least a few digs left for the year but I hope to hit one of the three sooner than later. Gotta do it! :thumbsup: I've gone 2/3 several times so that would be a great day!

I just want one more awesome copper for the year. It could be a perfect state King George or a mint state Coronet cent. Whatever it is, I will be happy with the year I had. Thanks for your support, Patch.

Kirk

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:

I guess there's at least a few digs left for the year but I hope to hit one of the three sooner than later. Gotta do it! :thumbsup: I've gone 2/3 (maybe 3/3) several times so that would be a great day!

heres hoping for an early pipe tamper then :icon_thumright:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:

I want to find at least three more coppers or at least one more Spanish silver. As for military relics, they are out of the question, because we don't dig them in our area.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:

heres hoping for an early pipe tamper then :icon_thumright:

Yep, I'm consider that a good #3 and be happy.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

I want to find at least three more coppers or at least one more Spanish silver. As for military relics, they are out of the question, because we don't dig them in our area.

Never say never! You keep finding those George coppers I GUARANTEE you will see some nice military button finds, just a matter of when.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:

I guess there's at least a few digs left for the year but I hope to hit one of the three sooner than later. Gotta do it! :thumbsup: I've gone 2/3 several times so that would be a great day!

I just want one more awesome copper for the year. It could be a perfect state King George or a mint state Coronet cent. Whatever it is, I will be happy with the year I had. Thanks for your support, Patch.

Kirk

A decent condition American copper, yeah I'd take that! :thumbsup:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

Never say never! You keep finding those George coppers I GUARANTEE you will see some nice military button finds, just a matter of when.

I know we'll get a few in our lifetime, but, as for digging a pile a year, that probably won't happen.

I do have an area in mind for tomorrow that could produce an early military button if we can find the site. It was settled early by a man who fought for the American cause during the Rev War. He also served during the French and Indian War, so anything could be possible IF we can find the site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread