Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to take my wife to the airport yesterday to see her parents for T-day, and since I was near the coast decided to try MD'ing while there for a few hours.. Got to the park at 6 am and waited for the sun to rise, and what a spectacular sight is was... Water was like glass, and not a soul on the beach until 8 am, and then the snowbirds were EVERYWHERE, including 5 other MD'ers (3 in the water)....
Glad I got there as early as I did, since one of the MD'ers was walking towards me and working the same line, and about 30 ft from me hit a big pocket spill... I'm glad he didnt hear what I was thinking. ??? >:( :dontknow: Lucky for me though, I had found about 90% of my loot prior to running into the other MD'ers..

Never found one piece of jewelry even though Ida had moved the whole beach about 30 yards, which really surprised me, but I am sure those other MD'ers hit it right after the storm passed through.. Beach was surprisingly void of bottle caps and pull tabs, that was really nice...

Ended up doing pretty good, with $8.63 in clad which did include one 1953 Roosevelt!! Too bad I had to pay $4 for parking though, which took my "profit" down to $4.63....

Quarters- 20
Dimes- 24
Nickels- 8
Pennies- 53

HH to all!

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Nice haul on the beach, I'm on the gulf for the winter but I like the other areas I've found better then the beach. I hit the beach every once in a while, but don't find as much as I do else where. Good luck to you!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
phantomfinder said:
:BangHead: NO pic's, WTG on your finds.... :icon_thumleft:
Sorry 'bout that, but I figure that most people on here know what clad coins look like.... :laughing7:...
I am planning on taking a picture of all of my clad and the garbage I have picked up in about another 2 weeks... That will show everything I have found in the first two months since I bought the MXT...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread