The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was testing out the new 6x10 on the V3 at one of the local haunts today and found a couple of rings where I had hunted previously...maybe I didn't hunt it as well as I thought I did. This place is only 20 years old or so, but it seems to keep on giving.

nov09_5.jpg

nov09_6.jpg

nov09_7.jpg

nov09_8.jpg

target_map_bb.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like that overhead view!

HH
-GC

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Awesome! How did you creat that image layout? I would love to be able to do that with a site ive been hunting for historicle value. :icon_scratch:

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
Is there a church close by ??? , there is a lot of cross in your finds .
And WTG on your pic's and your lay out you did :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, Congrats! And that is a cool way to present your finds. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find's. Imo every place where there is dirt..... Is more than 20 years old. GJ and HH :tongue3:

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all :)

Garabaldi said:
Awesome! How did you creat that image layout? I would love to be able to do that with a site ive been hunting for historicle value. :icon_scratch:

I got an aerial view from Google Earth and then just made images of the finds (about 50x50 pixels) and pasted them on top of it. The problem is that you can run out of room, as I have here...some of the center finds locations are a bit inaccurate because there was no room.

HH!
TBGO

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've created your own "treasure map"....... :headbang:

You got some great finds..( all those rings from that park/school ..??) :thumbsup:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beep, great way you've documented exact location of finds with the overhead shot! That method would be so useful on colonial sites as well, especially when they're finally worked out and you want to do some digging and sifting at the most promising locations without wasting the day. Thanks for showing this. :icon_thumleft:

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
The Beep Goes On said:
Thanks all :)

Garabaldi said:

I got an aerial view from Google Earth and then just made images of the finds (about 50x50 pixels) and pasted them on top of it. The problem is that you can run out of room, as I have here...some of the center finds locations are a bit inaccurate because there was no room.

HH!
TBGO
Maybe you could begin a second page with the same image. You would end up with several pages. :icon_thumleft:
Thanks for the info.

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
great layout, thanks for the tip on how to do this. Going to have to give this a try.
You have found some wonderful treasure in those sports fields. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought this was a bit more of a "universal" application of this type of map. You don't run out of room this way, the distribution shows up very well and you can select colors that are appropriate in terms of the background image and the way you categorize your finds. In this case, gold = Gold, white = Silver and red = Other. If you wanted to go all out you could number the circles and have a numbered list with descriptions and images. This was just an excercise...I wish I had a fresh old site to try it out on.

target_map_bb_2.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread