Timekillers on a Roll (And Im Not Cobbin Around) O But I Am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timekiller's on a Roll (And I'm Not Cobbin' Around) O' But I Am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right Tneters,Number 2 for me today and only took two hours to do it. :hello2: I debated with myself on to go or not today as it was raining,blowing,and plain out nasty again.But what else is new for here this fall seems like everyday.No end in sight just a break or two here and there.But once again I through caution to the wind got myself worked up and headed to the river.Were the waves were pounding hard.This site is a old stand by I keep up my sleeve just for these times and before it started to rain to hard I was able to find this baby! :headbang: I'm not sure what it is yet have not had time to look but will in just a few to see if I can figure it out.
Pumped again Guy's.

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,438
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,439
Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Timekiller's on a Roll (And I'm Not Cobbin' Around) O' But I Am!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
Iron Patch said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Heh Pete....

them Canadian boys are going to have to some real digging, before the SNOW comes..... to catch up to the Colonial God of the US :laughing7:

SS

We have been digging, just not the right target! The site we just did from the age and target count perspective was one of the best all year, so very bad luck it wasn't better. Ironhorse is taking off for a bit at the end of the month so I figure that will pretty much be the end of the digs... so maybe a couple more chances to put something on the board. Our weather has been great but I see the cold rollin in very soon.
I thought you might have been under the white stuff already :o guess your having some good luck with the weather :thumbsup: hope it continues :icon_thumleft:

SS

Snow or frost has not even been a question yet. Well above freezing, very nice the days we were out.
Well when it comes make sure you have plenty of finds to clean :laughing7: if not give us a bell, and I will send you a couple of hundred Buttons and Buckles, that will keep you busy till the spring ;D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Timekiller's on a Roll (And I'm Not Cobbin' Around) O' But I Am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your Replies! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: Yea been visting family most of the day and my mom who's been in the Hospital going on a week now. :(
Here are a few more finds though not enough to make a new post on. The handle is neat I thought. Say's "MAKE YOU BLEED" I Guess a old knife not sure. But sure it is old with that type writing on it. Buckle part,dice,and some piece of lead I guess with some type of shiny piece of metal in it.
Main thing is Thanks for replies Guy's :thumbsup: :hello:

Attachments

• 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 675
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 688
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 691
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 689
  • 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 692

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
Here are a few more finds though not enough to make a new post on. The handle is neat I thought. Say's "MAKE YOU BLEED" I Guess a old knife not sure.

The eighteenth-century version of the universal cure was bloodletting. The genuine physician and the quack alike resorted to it in cases from brain fever to broken legs, colic to cancer.

Instruments used for bloodletting were often crude and unsanitary.

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/Spring04/quackery.cfm

Attachments

• quack_bleeding_sm.jpg
    quack_bleeding_sm.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 619
  • quackx_bleeding2_sm.jpg
    quackx_bleeding2_sm.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 606

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Timekiller's on a Roll (And I'm Not Cobbin' Around) O' But I Am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that die is a very cool relic.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Here are a few more finds though not enough to make a new post on. The handle is neat I thought. Say's "MAKE YOU BLEED" I Guess a old knife not sure.

The eighteenth-century version of the universal cure was bloodletting. The genuine physician and the quack alike resorted to it in cases from brain fever to broken legs, colic to cancer.

Instruments used for bloodletting were often crude and unsanitary.

http://www.history.org/Foundation/journal/Spring04/quackery.cfm
Thanks Patch,and Romeo, Yea the way they done med. back then is a trip to read about.Them people were tough boy.But I guess if that is all you know then it's all you can do.Nice reading there Patch I've read some other type stories down the same line.I thought maybe that way on the handle as it looks like a little knife handle,but was not sure on it.Anyway Thanks for the help.And Good luck on your next hunt guy's. :thumbsup: :hello:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With some help from Mackaydon, and another good source who is not a member on here and not sure how he would feel about his name posted.And a nice set of scales I picked up today cause I needed another anyway.I have figured these two out.1701 to 1715 and could be little later on one for sure.But not past 1731 as they started making milled coins then. But both are 1 real and a little under there weight but closest to 1 real.
The first on this post weighs the most at 3.3g
The one from awhile back weighs back and fourth between 2.6 and 2.7 g
Also think they are both Mexico mints.

Attachments

• 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 000_0010.jpg
    000_0010.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 491

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just little light pieces of metal but sure make your day huh. I'd probably fall over to see an 8 reale cob in the dirt. :tongue3: I've owned quite a few but unless I dig it, it's just cash value to me.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
Just little light pieces of metal but sure make your day huh. I'd probably fall over to see an 8 reale cob in the dirt. :tongue3: I've owned quite a few but unless I dig it, it's just cash value to me.
Al'man that would be nice and big too. :headbang: :thumbsup:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great that you got those dated! Now, if you enjoy a little daydreaming, those dates are just about right for the time Blackbeard was meandering around the N. Carolina inlets :D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnyi said:
Great that you got those dated! Now, if you enjoy a little daydreaming, those dates are just about right for the time Blackbeard was meandering around the N. Carolina inlets :D
Always in my mind Buddy, Tell you a little secret.Some times out cause I am always by myself I get these erie feelings at some of these places.Sounds crazy I know but boy your mind sometimes can play some tricks on you know? But I have had them in a couple of places like this one right here for one make the hair stand up on your neck no lie.All out in the middle of nowhere too. Kinda freaky but it's the truth.I've even took my head phones off a couple of times from just crazy feelings. :laughing9: Then I realize I'm not getting nothing done standing around looking. :laughing9: ;D :laughing7: :thumbsup:

johnnyi

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2009
new jersey
Detector(s) used
minelab, white's xlt, deus xp, fisher aquanaut, white's twin box
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

timekiller said:
johnnyi said:
Always in my mind Buddy, Tell you a little secret.Some times out cause I am always by myself I get these erie feelings at some of these places.Sounds crazy I know but boy your mind sometimes can play some tricks on you know? But I have had them in a couple of places like this one right here for one make the hair stand up on your neck no lie.All out in the middle of nowhere too. Kinda freaky but it's the truth.I've even took my head phones off a couple of times from just crazy feelings. :laughing9: Then I realize I'm not getting nothing done standing around looking. :laughing9: ;D :laughing7: :thumbsup:

No man, I don't think it's crazy. I think sometimes we tune in to a place and feel it. Really feel it. It's happened to me too many times for me to think otherwise. The detector is the last link maybe, but there's more to it than the detector, that's for sure. You start placing your mind into the time period and the space around you and bingo, it all starts happening. :D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johnnyi said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

No man, I don't think it's crazy. I think sometimes we tune in to a place and feel it. Really feel it. It's happened to me too many times for me to think otherwise. The detector is the last link maybe, but there's more to it than the detector, that's for sure. You start placing your mind into the time period and the space around you and bingo, it all starts happening. :D
Yep been there.I'm 6'4" 212lbs and have done and seen many things in my life.And I have no shame in saying sometimes it can get a little freaky at some of these sites.These ones I go to no one around for miles buddy.Out on the boat to get to these places sometimes foggy to make it even stranger at that.But there is something to it now.As far as I know I might act crazy and all if you were to talk with some people but I don't think none would say I really am. :laughing9: Yea there is some feelings that go on that I can't explain for sure.But I wasn't making a funny in my last post to say.It was based on things that I have felt. :thumbsup:

half-serious

Greenie
Apr 1, 2009
MS
Detector(s) used
Silver uMax, Ace 250

Well, I'm late to the party on this one Pete, but boy you sure keep bringing up the good stuff!

I kept looking, knew something looked familiar...then it hit me.

That's the very same design paper plate (Dixie brand, you know) :) that the wife served my supper on last night.
And would you believe mine had a cob on it too? Well, after I gnawed the corn off, that was what I had left.

I'm getting out there soon, weather or not. In the meantime, keep posting the droolers.

h-s

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
johnnyi said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

Yep been there.I'm 6'4" 212lbs and have done and seen many things in my life.And I have no shame in saying sometimes it can get a little freaky at some of these sites.These ones I go to no one around for miles buddy.Out on the boat to get to these places sometimes foggy to make it even stranger at that.But there is something to it now.As far as I know I might act crazy and all if you were to talk with some people but I don't think none would say I really am. :laughing9: Yea there is some feelings that go on that I can't explain for sure.But I wasn't making a funny in my last post to say.It was based on things that I have felt. :thumbsup:

Well I'm only 6', but about 240 & have 9 cobs. ;D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

Patch you also forgot to mention you got 9 years of this on me to Buddy. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

half-serious said:
Well, I'm late to the party on this one Pete, but boy you sure keep bringing up the good stuff!

I kept looking, knew something looked familiar...then it hit me.

That's the very same design paper plate (Dixie brand, you know) :) that the wife served my supper on last night.
And would you believe mine had a cob on it too? Well, after I gnawed the corn off, that was what I had left.

I'm getting out there soon, weather or not. In the meantime, keep posting the droolers.

h-s
Better late than never buddy. And I like those cobs to. But really want the gold ones thats what is on my plate to find. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :hello:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o WoW, what a stunning find, TK! Many congrats to ya!!!!

Nana

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:
timekiller said:
johnnyi said:

Patch you also forgot to mention you got 9 years of this on me to Buddy. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I won't tell you how far you are ahead of my newbie pace so you won't let your guard down.... for cobs anyway. For early military you have a LONG way to go. :headbang: (and it seems so do I these days.... maybe tomorrow)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread