It Was Dark, It Was Cold. I Got Silver, I Got Gold!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2009
    Aurora, Colorado
    White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
    3 times

It Was Dark, It Was Cold. I Got Silver, I Got Gold!

Howdy Folks!
    I've suffered a dry spell for almost a week now, mostly due to how cold it
    has been after I get off work in the evening. While the days have been in
    the 50s and 60s, the temperature drops like a stone once the sun sets. On
    the positive side, 10 inches of snow melted in a couple of days. On the other
    side of the ledger, all that moisture simply turns to ice once the sun fades
    behind the mountains, and the cold sets in.

Still, in about 45 minutes, I managed to find a 14k gold ring that was almost
    3 inches deep. I had to bust through a layer of ice, then down a couple more
    inches, but I got a nice gold ring that looks like it was intended to fit an infant.
    It is real small.

I moved to another location and soon hit a strong signal that my MXT said was
    a 50 cent piece. Another minute later, and I unearthed a 1964 Kennedy half dollar.
    While still in that location, I got a twitchy signal that was in the foil range, right
    around 2 to 4 on my VDI. Once I got it up, packed with mud, I could only tell
    that I'd found another gold item. It wasn't until I got it home and washed it up
    that I learned it was a ring, badly bent out of shape, but 14k gold. It also has
    garnets. My wife figures the ring, if not all bent up, would likely be a size 6.

Anyhow, coins were few and far between, but I wasn't complaining as I headed
    back to the car with 1 silver Kennedy and 2 14k gold rings in my pocket.

My take was pretty darn low by my standards:
    2 Quarters = $0.50
    4 Nickels = $0.20
    2 Dimes = $0.20
    10 Pennies = $0.10
    and of course,
    1 Kennedy = $0.50
    Total = $1.50 (I'm almost embarrassed!)
    Coin Count = 19 coins.

Thanks for Lookin,
    Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.JPG 
Views:	708 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	347684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0147.JPG 
Views:	701 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	347685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0149.JPG 
Views:	722 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	347686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0151.JPG 
Views:	709 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	347687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0152.JPG 
Views:	708 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	347688  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0153.JPG 
Views:	705 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	347689  
    Gear Owned
    White's XLT = $700 bucks, give or take
    White's MXT 300 = $800 bucks
    White's Prizm 6T = $700
    White's V3/V3i = $1700
    White's MXT Pro = $900
    Who am I?
    The Customer!
    And I bought White's because I expected the best!

us
    Jan 2006
    Houston, TX
    CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
    192 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: It Was Dark, It Was Cold. I Got Silver, I Got Gold!

Excellent finds M!

us
    Apr 2009
    Maryland
    Minelab CTX3030
    317 times
    Relic Hunting

You had a good day.

us
    MUD(S.W.A.T)

Apr 2005
    I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    894 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow,

Great Hunt !!

Keep @ it and HH!!
    TAG: MUD(S.W.A.T)
    GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
    E-MAIL: mudswat1979@yahoo.com
    "Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."

us
    Dec 2008
    Fern Creek Ky
    XLT
    29 times

Cool beans M . I hate winter except for the detecting.

us
    Oct 2008
    Laguna Hills California
    Whites DFX, Whites V3
    2 times

Nice Finds WTG

us
    Nov 2009
    Los Angeles, California
    Minelab E-Trac

Glad you had a good time, nice job on the gold.

us
    Jul 2009
    spectra V3,MXT
    3 times

yea mel
    your the gold magnet!!!!!

us
    presidential campaign items, 1860 JOHN BELL-EDWARD EVERETT tin type pic token, 1888 Benjamin Harrison pin. 1876 CENTENNIAL REVOLUTIONARY WAR MEDAL WITH BARON VON STEUBEN AND GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON. CW RELICS 1864 Union store card,3 I,1 R, eagle buttons

Dec 2008
    ILL
    Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
    201 times

nice finds on the gold!!!! MR TUFF
    oldest dug 1784 half real, 1831 William IIII. 1844 1/6 Skilling. 1834,51,54,72,76cc,77,84-87,89,92,93o,94o,96,97-99o,1900o-11,13 Dimes. 1854,56,76s,94,99,1902,06,09d,11,15s Qtrs. 1864,65 2cent. 79,83cc Morgan. 1867,68,69,70,75,82,87,88,90,91,93,95,97,98,1900,0 2,04-09,11,12d Nickles. 1848,56,59,61,63-69,73-75,81-85-09 Cent.

um
    Jul 2006
    Northern California
    Whites MXT

Way to go my friend I was so happy you gave me a call, my wife and I were just chomping at the bit waiting to see these finds,
    Its raining still here but the weather man say's its going to be sunny and in the 60's tomorrow, wife is ready to go as so am I, we still havent had the baby I think it wants to wait for a few more days
    thanks again for all the advise you have given us so far
    I was going to post a pix of what we found last night but I think I will wait till I find something worthy
    Bryan

us
    Dec 2005
    Bay Area Ca.
    White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
    16 times
    Metal Detecting

nice finds, congrats on the silver and gold. thanks for sharing and hh
    Happy Hunting Everyone, may your swings be filled with beeps, and your scoops full of the treasures you seek!

us
    Apr 2009
    Aurora, Colorado
    White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by norcalrockhunter
    Way to go my friend I was so happy you gave me a call, my wife and I were just chomping at the bit waiting to see these finds,
    Howdy Pardner!
    I hope to have you looking at better still before the day is out. I always am off on Saturday,
    and I have a three day weekend in the bargain! It is my intention to hunt as much as possible
    during these three days and find a whole bunch of good stuff. After all, I have the entire
    Colorado front range to hunt, so should find something nifty!

Its raining still here but the weather man say's its going to be sunny and in the 60's tomorrow, wife is ready to go as so am I, we still havent had the baby I think it wants to wait for a few more days
    thanks again for all the advise you have given us so far
    Keep this up and your wife is gonna want a detector of her very own. And there is something
    to be said for hunting as a couple. You both get to enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and the excitement
    of the finds that are in your future. Likely as not, you will have a bit of mud to cope with, so bring
    a towel along. You'll need it after rain. As for the advice given, that's my pleasure. I enjoy helping
    others find success with their machines. Once you start finding the good stuff, it will start showing
    up with greater regularity. The more experience you gain with your machine, the "luckier" you'll
    seem to be. The MXT is an outstanding machine, and your finds are going to improve along with
    your skills. Think of it this way; when you started your job, you likely had to learn a great deal
    along the way and develop your skills in order to get great at your profession. A great chef does
    not start that way, but must hone his craft. A master pianist spent thousands of hours in practice
    before he attained mastery of his art. So did you in your own way as you worked to become an
    adept at what you do. Folks think they can just go get a metal detector and be great with it
    right out of the box. While a good machine will certainly give results right away, to become
    real good with a detector, there are skills to master. And it has been said here and elsewhere:
    "The best detector anywhere is still the one between your ears!" You learn, grow with your
    machine, develop skill and your finds become better all along the way.

So any advice I might give is simply to practice, practice and practice some more. The more
    you hunt, the better you can get. But it is your own motivation that creates the atmosphere
    for success.

I was going to post a pix of what we found last night but I think I will wait till I find something worthy
    Bryan
    The stuff you find along the way, on your personal journey of discovery, is going to
    be inspiring to others. Don't hesitate to show off your finds, even the humble ones.
    Because when you do, somebody somewhere is going to relate to your progress.
    They are in the same situation as you are, and watching you grow and develop skills
    with your detector is likely to give them confidence that says "Well, if that guy can do
    it, so can I!"

You never know what affect you might have on somebody else by posting your finds.
    As your finds get better, they can inspire hope in others too!

Looking forward to seeing your excellent finds, which I am confident are just around
    the next bend in the road. And I'm truly excited to watch as you start posting better
    and better stuff as your skills grow and improve.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin
    Gear Owned
    White's XLT = $700 bucks, give or take
    White's MXT 300 = $800 bucks
    White's Prizm 6T = $700
    White's V3/V3i = $1700
    White's MXT Pro = $900
    Who am I?
    The Customer!
    And I bought White's because I expected the best!

us
    Aug 2004
    E-Trac, DFX, F-75
    2 times

Congrats on the Gold and Silver

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links