It Was Dark, It Was Cold. I Got Silver, I Got Gold!

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
I've suffered a dry spell for almost a week now, mostly due to how cold it
has been after I get off work in the evening. While the days have been in
the 50s and 60s, the temperature drops like a stone once the sun sets. On
the positive side, 10 inches of snow melted in a couple of days. On the other
side of the ledger, all that moisture simply turns to ice once the sun fades
behind the mountains, and the cold sets in.

Still, in about 45 minutes, I managed to find a 14k gold ring that was almost
3 inches deep. I had to bust through a layer of ice, then down a couple more
inches, but I got a nice gold ring that looks like it was intended to fit an infant.
It is real small.

I moved to another location and soon hit a strong signal that my MXT said was
a 50 cent piece. Another minute later, and I unearthed a 1964 Kennedy half dollar.
While still in that location, I got a twitchy signal that was in the foil range, right
around 2 to 4 on my VDI. Once I got it up, packed with mud, I could only tell
that I'd found another gold item. It wasn't until I got it home and washed it up
that I learned it was a ring, badly bent out of shape, but 14k gold. It also has
garnets. My wife figures the ring, if not all bent up, would likely be a size 6.

Anyhow, coins were few and far between, but I wasn't complaining as I headed
back to the car with 1 silver Kennedy and 2 14k gold rings in my pocket.

My take was pretty darn low by my standards:
2 Quarters = $0.50
4 Nickels = $0.20
2 Dimes = $0.20
10 Pennies = $0.10
and of course,
1 Kennedy = $0.50
Total = $1.50 (I'm almost embarrassed!)
Coin Count = 19 coins.

Thanks for Lookin,
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 734
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 741
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 734
Upvote 0

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool beans M . I hate winter except for the detecting.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds on the gold!!!! MR TUFF

norcalrockhunter

Jul 21, 2006
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Way to go my friend I was so happy you gave me a call, my wife and I were just chomping at the bit waiting to see these finds,
Its raining still here but the weather man say's its going to be sunny and in the 60's tomorrow, wife is ready to go as so am I, we still havent had the baby I think it wants to wait for a few more days
thanks again for all the advise you have given us so far
I was going to post a pix of what we found last night but I think I will wait till I find something worthy
Bryan

OP
OP
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Apr 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
norcalrockhunter said:
Way to go my friend I was so happy you gave me a call, my wife and I were just chomping at the bit waiting to see these finds,

Howdy Pardner!
I hope to have you looking at better still before the day is out. I always am off on Saturday,
and I have a three day weekend in the bargain! It is my intention to hunt as much as possible
during these three days and find a whole bunch of good stuff. After all, I have the entire
Colorado front range to hunt, so should find something nifty!

norcalrockhunter said:
Its raining still here but the weather man say's its going to be sunny and in the 60's tomorrow, wife is ready to go as so am I, we still havent had the baby I think it wants to wait for a few more days
thanks again for all the advise you have given us so far

Keep this up and your wife is gonna want a detector of her very own. And there is something
to be said for hunting as a couple. You both get to enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and the excitement
of the finds that are in your future. Likely as not, you will have a bit of mud to cope with, so bring
a towel along. You'll need it after rain. As for the advice given, that's my pleasure. I enjoy helping
others find success with their machines. Once you start finding the good stuff, it will start showing
up with greater regularity. The more experience you gain with your machine, the "luckier" you'll
seem to be. The MXT is an outstanding machine, and your finds are going to improve along with
your skills. Think of it this way; when you started your job, you likely had to learn a great deal
along the way and develop your skills in order to get great at your profession. A great chef does
not start that way, but must hone his craft. A master pianist spent thousands of hours in practice
before he attained mastery of his art. So did you in your own way as you worked to become an
adept at what you do. Folks think they can just go get a metal detector and be great with it
right out of the box. While a good machine will certainly give results right away, to become
real good with a detector, there are skills to master. And it has been said here and elsewhere:
"The best detector anywhere is still the one between your ears!" You learn, grow with your
machine, develop skill and your finds become better all along the way.

So any advice I might give is simply to practice, practice and practice some more. The more
you hunt, the better you can get. But it is your own motivation that creates the atmosphere
for success.

norcalrockhunter said:
I was going to post a pix of what we found last night but I think I will wait till I find something worthy
Bryan

The stuff you find along the way, on your personal journey of discovery, is going to
be inspiring to others. Don't hesitate to show off your finds, even the humble ones.
Because when you do, somebody somewhere is going to relate to your progress.
They are in the same situation as you are, and watching you grow and develop skills
with your detector is likely to give them confidence that says "Well, if that guy can do
it, so can I!"

You never know what affect you might have on somebody else by posting your finds.
As your finds get better, they can inspire hope in others too!

Looking forward to seeing your excellent finds, which I am confident are just around
the next bend in the road. And I'm truly excited to watch as you start posting better
and better stuff as your skills grow and improve.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread