Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Week actually, I dug these up at various times during the past week at a spot I have been contemplating for over a year.
Just a plain old grass lot, but its easy to tell a house once stood there, complete with the remains of a walkway up the the front porch, and tree stubs surrounding where the house once stood.
Lot is right next to a single large house, no other houses in the immediate vicinity. I've been putting off hitting this because there are a bunch of kids living in the house, and I thought the parents might not take too kindly to someone poking around, certain to attract the interest of the kids. I drove by there last week and was thrilled to see the house empty, all the shades gone and a for sale sign on the lawn, so I figured I had better make my move while its still empty.

The ground is nearly perfect to dig in, frost hasn't kicked in yet and its been warm & drizzly, making holes easy to dig.
* Captain Braddock - Doesn't ring a bell with me, must have been a bit before my time.
* YellowStone Park token - Very nice, probably impossible to determine vintage
* Registered Chauffeurs tag, 1926
* Oakland emblem - A long since retired brand of General Motors

Found some wheaties in the teens, and a couple 1920's Mercs also, gotta hit this lot some more before winter closes it down.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
LAPD badge.
Blue Thunder - (tv series; Columbia Television 1984, 11 30m episodes) D: Earl Bellamy, Phil Bondelli. Dick Butkus = "Ski" Butowski, Dana Carvey = "Jafo" Wonderlove, James Farentino = Frank Chaney, Sandy McPeak = Captain Braddock, Bubba Smith = "Bubba" Kelsey. An advanced prototype police helicopter and their ground-support crew battle crime, a weak spin-off from film of same name.

Pic here: http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=%22Sandy+McPeak%22&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G&ie=UTF-8

Don.....

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thing is obviously far older than the 80's, or 70's.

I found there was a series in the 50's called "Racket Squad" and the main character
was a Capt John Braddock, I'm guessing it must be him.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0113694/

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds! Kids, oh no. Reminds me of a time I went to an old house in my town. I had permission but got surrounded by 5 little girls on bikes and big wheels. They told me I wasn't supposed to be there. Did circles around me calling me names. The one i remember the most was "leave chicken head". Gj on the timing! HH Me shivers

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deftone said:
Very nice finds! Kids, oh no. Reminds me of a time I went to an old house in my town. I had permission but got surrounded by 5 little girls on bikes and big wheels. They told me I wasn't supposed to be there. Did circles around me calling me names. The one i remember the most was "leave chicken head". Gj on the timing! HH Me shivers

They're probably married by now, and making their hubbies miserable..................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread