Miami beach,fl.. south beach finds monday nov.23,2009

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, minelab excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey kiddies.. went to miami beach today ..south beach to be exact.. from 5:30-9:20 this morning.. not to bad today on clad.. no gold or silver today :'(.... here it goes.. Q- 21...D- 13...N-5...P-28.. for a grand total of $7.08 in clad..and im glad...lol BTW.. great weather this morning clear skies and 79.. HH

Attachments

• miami beach nov 23 ..2009.jpg
    miami beach nov 23 ..2009.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 930
Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great haul on the clad. Hope you have better luck on the gold and silver next time....Matt

Tenn-Coinhunter

Jun 29, 2009
East Tennessee Mountains
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites V3i, Whites DFX, Whites Eagle Spectrum, (2)Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett pro pointer, Sun Ray DFX in line probe.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew there was a reason I should take advantage of those low cost airfares. I could pay for my ticket have fun in the sun, get a tan and refresh myself all at the same time just by swing my detector. You did a great job finding all that loose change. Hey with clad there are no qualms about spending it. Hope your next trip brings both gold and silver and lots of it. Btw what machine are you using?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hurricane dale, Nice pile of clad you got there. Too bad no jewelry though. Maybe next time. Good luck and H.H.

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the response everyone..and now the answers to questions that were asked from members..SEGER98- not really..i usally stay on the sand------... TENN-COINHUNTER- IM USING A GARRETT ACE 250 NOW..BEFORE I WAS USING A BOUNTY HUNTER..------DOUGADAM- IM FINDING THE CLAD BETWEEN 1-5 INCHES OF SAND...i tell you the salt water and sand really give the clad a beating just look at the my posts of clad i posted even on this picture...believe it or not there was only 1 other MD person on the beach and they were at a far distace from me..i live here in miami so, the beach is easy access.. i wanna hit the parks too.. i hit a park last weekend before going the beach.. and was getting clad hits left and right..old park too.. but, was too scared to dig up the turf ..someone might report me..but, oh well...ill settle for the beach and the tourists that come with it..lol.. thanks again everyone

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
hurricane dale said:
thanks for the response everyone..and now the answers to questions that were asked from members..SEGER98- not really..i usally stay on the sand------... TENN-COINHUNTER- IM USING A GARRETT ACE 250 NOW..BEFORE I WAS USING A BOUNTY HUNTER..------DOUGADAM- IM FINDING THE CLAD BETWEEN 1-5 INCHES OF SAND...i tell you the salt water and sand really give the clad a beating just look at the my posts of clad i posted even on this picture...believe it or not there was only 1 other MD person on the beach and they were at a far distace from me..i live here in miami so, the beach is easy access.. i wanna hit the parks too.. i hit a park last weekend before going the beach.. and was getting clad hits left and right..old park too.. but, was too scared to dig up the turf ..someone might report me..but, oh well...ill settle for the beach and the tourists that come with it..lol.. thanks again everyone

Check your town and state laws and ordinances. We called the village, and they said in our area it's legal in all public parks without permission. It could lead to some great finds. HH

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks filthyflyer39..yes, i did a while back and all miami-dade public parks are off limits... :'(...thats why i didnt disturb the turf... oh well.. the beaches are ok.. we get alot of tourists here and with all the metered parking thats why im finding all this clad..lol.. doesnt cost me to park thanks god.. because the meters are turned off from 12 am to 9 am..lol

Cherokee

Feb 17, 2009
Rochester, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Edge II
I was in Miami Beach during the first week of November. Pounded Surfside beach for 2 hours a day for 5 days. Found a bunch of quarters and pennies (I don't know what it is with the pennies because I was finding so many of them I started throwing them back into the ocean). Anyway, my best find was a Merc dime about 8" down. I think it was a 1927 but I'm not 100% sure because the date was slightly worn on the last two digits. What about Ft. Lauderdale beach? Any good luck there?

OP
OP
hurricane dale

hurricane dale

Nov 1, 2009
miami,florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cherokee.. have not hit ft.lauderdale yet...funny thing is its the same for me.. alot of quarters and crusty pennies...lol...i like south beach because its close to my house plus, alo of tourists there which in turn means more goodies hiding in the sand...lol.. i really do not see alot of MDers as you would think there would be.. im going again this weekend.. i will post my findings as usually do... :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread