Shadow Box completed after generations of family members.

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving folks, I received permission weeks ago to hunt an old demolished house built in 1870. It was built by the grandfather many moons ago and was a family after family generation home. The owner was very heart broken too see the old house razed but the foundation was sinking and would of cost ed over a million to restore. (She even was married in the old house.) Well she gave me permission to hunt and I told her I would make a shadow box of finds for remembrance. Well I finished it up today. Surprisingly not much was found, the oldest coin was a 1730 Colonial cent. I hunted this place for days. The picture she gave me is attached at top of the box you can see a side view of it. I would Like to Thank Modern Miner for all of his tips on making this shadow box. I would also like to thank all of you folks on T-Net for all your good advice and showing your great finds of the past. Well I'm going to call her after the holiday and let her know it's done. I will let you know how all goes. There were several other hunters at the site the owner was very upset she booted them all off. Thats when I came along
Nova.

Attachments

• shadow box 002 (Small).jpg
    shadow box 002 (Small).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 915
  • shadow box 001 (Small).jpg
    shadow box 001 (Small).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 946
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova,
I'm 100% sure the owner will cherish that beautiful shadowbox. It came out GREAT and those are some awesome relics & coins!!!
Those suspender clips are super cool and I can't even imagine digging a coin that old. :o You will see, that shadowbox will open a lot more doors for you on future sites.
A job well done,
MM

***HAPPY THANKSGIVING***

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Nova, that is a cool shadow box along with some grate finds. You didn't say but was the home in Utah, if so I can't believe that you found a coin that old, there is nothing that old on this side of the mountain.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Shadow box, I am sure she will enjoy it as much as you did putting it all together.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Nova Treasure

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am sure the shadow box will be greatly received and appreciated. You definitely took the next step in metal detecting. It shows your character, like a fellow tnet member said, I am sure its going to open many more doors. The colonial cent had to be an exciting find. Have a great Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bula said:
Nova, that is a cool shadow box along with some grate finds. You didn't say but was the home in Utah, if so I can't believe that you found a coin that old, there is nothing that old on this side of the mountain.
[/quo

Hello Bula,
Yes the house was located in North Ogden. When I found the coin it was caked black, I had no idea what it was. I Tumbled it for several hours just enough to make it out. It's hard to believe a coin that old would be lost here in the Utah area. I do know one thing that's my oldest coin and will be tough to top.

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
nova said:
bula said:
[/quo

Hello Bula,
Yes the house was located in North Ogden. When I found the coin it was caked black, I had no idea what it was. I Tumbled it for several hours just enough to make it out. It's hard to believe a coin that old would be lost here in the Utah area. I do know one thing that's my oldest coin and will be tough to top.
Know what you mean I found a 1907 dime & without hooking it up to the battery charger u could not tell waht it was.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice, great looking display. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova said:
Happy Thanksgiving folks, I received permission weeks ago to hunt an old demolished house built in 1870. It was built by the grandfather many moons ago and was a family after family generation home. The owner was very heart broken too see the old house razed but the foundation was sinking and would of cost ed over a million to restore. (She even was married in the old house.) Well she gave me permission to hunt and I told her I would make a shadow box of finds for remembrance. Well I finished it up today. Surprisingly not much was found, the oldest coin was a 1730 Colonial cent. I hunted this place for days. The picture she gave me is attached at top of the box you can see a side view of it. I would Like to Thank Modern Miner for all of his tips on making this shadow box. I would also like to thank all of you folks on T-Net for all your good advice and showing your great finds of the past. Well I'm going to call her after the holiday and let her know it's done. I will let you know how all goes. Thanks all folks for the comments

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread