Well, no big pennies...but did get a big silver...

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I met Mirage down at the place where I found the 1836 LC after classes today. Mirage had been there for some time and found some stuff from that old era, just as Kyle and some of you predicted...a bunch of flat buttons and other stuff. He says he'll post. :P There are plenty of iron objects here and there and I dug a few. Couldn't really come across many non-iron signals in the area. There's still a lot of ground to check out. While doing a little wandering, I was fighting my way through some of these annoying stalks, trying to knock them down with the detector as I went. Both of us had made several passes through here and found a few wheats and such. Well suddenly I get this banging signal and kick the leaves away and hope that the target is still there and that it pinpoints at least a few inches. Well it was gone; I was like rats, a stupid can or lid on the surface...but I got the sweet signal again where the loose leaves that I kicked were resting, and so I figured I'd find out what was giving the signal anyway. After sifting through the leaves, that's when I see nothing but the outline of a silver half under the leaves, right on top of the ground. NICE. It's possible Mirage or I kicked this signal around last time and figured it was trash.

We'll continue to investigate the area. :read2:

stuffC-1.jpg

stuffB-1.jpg

Some iron hunks and whatevers.
stuffA-1.jpg

The non-iron object: meteorite??? (half-jokingly) it gave off a weak signal from the detector. No idea..
stuffF.jpg

stuffG.jpg

stuffD.jpg

stuffE.jpg

This was from a quick hunt last weekend, mostly at a vacant lot. North Mill St. New Castle PA token.

stuffA.jpg

stuffB.jpg

stuffC.jpg

Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Silver Walker, it makes it all worth while when you have to dig a lot of other junk just to find the goodies.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I found one too this year, only took me 10 years. ;D

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Walker !! Thanks for sharing it with us!! MaineRelic>

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Nate and congrats on the silver! That non iron piece is a volcanic rock, hot rocks as I call them, we have them around here as well, some of the hills around my house are extinct volcanoes, I know the signal but still dig them just in case. HH, Mike

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:

Well that's a relief, I've only been at it three years and haven't found one. I was starting to get a complex. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Great job on the half Nate. :icon_thumleft:
Looks like you guys need to bring a bush hog in there. :o
-Doug-

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Great Walker Nate! Congrats. That token is pretty cool too. Man, you're coins and tokens come out of the ground looking like ours here - nice and orange :dontknow:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
ModernMiner said:
Iron Patch said:

Well that's a relief, I've only been at it three years and haven't found one. I was starting to get a complex. :tongue3: :laughing9:

Great job on the half Nate. :icon_thumleft:
Looks like you guys need to bring a bush hog in there. :o
-Doug-

Doug - you need to get on up here - Nate and I have found 7 Walkers this year so far! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds Nate and congrats on the silver! That non iron piece is a volcanic rock, hot rocks as I call them, we have them around here as well, some of the hills around my house are extinct volcanoes, I know the signal but still dig them just in case. HH, Mike
Ahh. Makes sense. :sign13: Thanks Mike.

time4me said:
Great Walker Nate! Congrats. That token is pretty cool too. Man, you're coins and tokens come out of the ground looking like ours here - nice and orange :dontknow:
Yea, certain types of soil roast em red. ??? Thanks.

Thanks for the comments all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread