First day MDing

P

pinniped

First day MD'ing

Well, no gold or jewels, but did find some quarters, dimes and nickels on the beach while visiting my in-laws in Florida. We're from Connecticut...too much snow. It was amazing how pristine the beach was in Venice! Only one pop top and twp bottle caps, one ball of aluminum and a few little pieces of wire. And we covered a lot of beach! It was VERY cold for Florida. I wanted to do the surf since the MD I got hubby for Christmas is a water detector, but is was cold enough on the dry sand. I was also surprised how heavy the equipment is...going to have to work on my upper arm muscles, I can tell you! Also, the back of my thighs from leaning over and digging. Ouch! But it was great fun, and I am hooked! There was one other couple detecting, but we never crossed paths, as they were further down the beach.

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: First day MD'ing

Pin,

welcome to the site. May your small treasures be many.

have a good un................

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well good luck in your future Beach adventures.....hunting the beaches you have to find that black sand!!!.....Oh and another thing .....Never say its COLD in Florida......unless it looks like this!!!!!!!! I hunted today at this site for 4 hours and the sun was shining and it was great!!!!!!!! NO BUGS ;) Seeker

Attachments

• Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    Old Place 12-26-05 Snow storm 008 Medium Web view.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 273

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome to the hobby, it's very addictive! Good luck with your finds and HH, Mike

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II

Welcome, pinniped

I am only dreaming about beaches

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

Welcome to a great hobby and a great forum. My wife Bobby and I hunt together. You guys will enjoy many adventures together
keep us posted
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
P

pinniped

Dave-
I have enjoyed reading your posts. Gary and I are a team, but he rules in many things. I rule in others. Sounds like your wife is the boss when it comes to detecting, and you are used to trusting her instincts! Keep it up!
-Pat in Connecticut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread