Conoco Buyout

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well, I was able to get out for about an hour this afternoon before obligations made me quit. There is a few blocks of houses nearby that are being razed. They wouldn't let anyone in till the houses were gone and the ground leveled. Definitely going back tomorrow and see what else will show. For a while I ran all metal w/iron nulled and found a couple of mems., some .22 cartridges, and some lead seals from cast iron pipe, also lots of aluminum. Then I switched to disc. mode and ran high disc.-about 8 1/2. I then found a few coins and not much else. Here's a couple of before pics of the area and a pic of the coins I found in about 45 min.
Tomorrow I plan to be out there early since there's been other silver including an 1899 barber dime and a silver watchband found, I will give you an idea what the area looks like now.

Attachments

• conoco 1.JPG
    conoco 1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 473
  • conoco 3.JPG
    conoco 3.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 466
  • conoco 1.JPG
    conoco 1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 472
  • conoco 3.JPG
    conoco 3.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 471
  • conoco buyout 1.JPG
    conoco buyout 1.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds stoney!!

Neat bottle!

And of course.....great pics!

;)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your killing me stoney I am supposed to be retired and I can't get away. I am going to hunt Wednesday some where. I might come down that direction. I am Jealous!!!! :'( :'( :'( Great finds.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Jeff, you definately have a nose for those dimes. I remember the handful you showed me the first time we met! Wish I couold join you. Monty

reiferman

Sep 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I recognize that area! My old stomping grounds. Hope you find lots of good stuff. I'm jealous ;)

Reif

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
I remember your post from a while back when you first learned of this site.I'm glad you are able to finaly hunt the area. Looks like some great finds so far. Congrats on the silver , and good luck to ya.

HH!

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
tnx, guys.
reiferman said:
Man I recognize that area! My old stomping grounds. Hope you find lots of good stuff. I'm jealous ;)

Reif

Reif, there's a rumor that it's going to 14th just to give you an idea but gonna take a few years I think. In the mean time it's door knocking time before the yards are torn up then the looong wait for the soil stirring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread