Conoco Buyout

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Well, I was able to get out for about an hour this afternoon before obligations made me quit. There is a few blocks of houses nearby that are being razed. They wouldn't let anyone in till the houses were gone and the ground leveled. Definitely going back tomorrow and see what else will show. For a while I ran all metal w/iron nulled and found a couple of mems., some .22 cartridges, and some lead seals from cast iron pipe, also lots of aluminum. Then I switched to disc. mode and ran high disc.-about 8 1/2. I then found a few coins and not much else. Here's a couple of before pics of the area and a pic of the coins I found in about 45 min.
Tomorrow I plan to be out there early since there's been other silver including an 1899 barber dime and a silver watchband found, I will give you an idea what the area looks like now.

Attachments

• conoco 1.JPG
    conoco 1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 473
  • conoco 3.JPG
    conoco 3.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 466
  • conoco 1.JPG
    conoco 1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 472
  • conoco 3.JPG
    conoco 3.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 471
  • conoco buyout 1.JPG
    conoco buyout 1.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0
R

rb

Nice site there, you have your work cut out. how old is the site? HH RB

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds stoney!!!!! Good luck on your return trip!!!

;)

don't 'cha just hate obligations! :'(

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
rb said:
Nice site there, you have your work cut out. how old is the site? HH RB

RB, the site is roughly from the early teens. They're wanting to tear out and raze an area about 10 blocks long and 6 blocks wide but I figure it'll take more than a few years. ?;)

Nana40 said:
Very nice finds stoney!!!!! Good luck on your return trip!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?;)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?don't 'cha just hate obligations!? :'(

Nana, I love gettin' out every chance I get. As for the obligation-fortunately it was quick and was good news. Daughter's fridge about caught fire from a leaking cookstove. Had to run and replace both. Everything's good to go now, so tomorrow is an all dayhunt I hope. ;) If lucky, maybe I'll wear out the digital camera. ;D

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Congrats on the 2 Mercs and silver Rosie, and in only 45 minutes. Stop showing off. ;D ;) Hit it hard tomorrow and bring back a Large Cent, I know you want one.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds! Congrats.

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Beautiful site nice colors, awesome finds!!!

HH

Sand

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coins, Stoney.? Good luck.?

It looks like a cute little neighborhood.? Why are they dozing it?

Duh, I see now. I didn't read your subject line or look at the picture very closely.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Stony,

location and situation would seem to make for a good spot for some time.

Hope you find a bunch.

have a good un..........

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will come by and pick up the silver I dropped. Thanks for finding it for me. Nice finds stoney I hope to get out an hour or two today.

Burdie

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: Conoco Buyout Day 2

Went back down there this morning and was a lot harder to find the goodies. While I was there, someone came by and told me that a 1890 Morgan Dollar was found yesterday morning. It shoulda been mine.? :'( LOL. Such is the breaks. Here's a couple pics of the area now.

Zeb said:
Nice spot, stoney. Maybe a ring or two will show up.

I did find two goodies though. Zeb, ya should of said gold ring.? ;D

Then I went back to 3 Sands and found one interesting bottle but as it turns out, it's pretty common.
http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m_22170/tm.htm

Burdie, sorry you missed this one. But hang in there, there's sure to be more fun comin'.

The wheatie is 1919 and the ring is self explanitory.? ;)

Attachments

• dr. caldwell 1.JPG
    dr. caldwell 1.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 300
  • silver and copper.JPG
    silver and copper.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 308
  • conoco buyout 4.JPG
    conoco buyout 4.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 317
  • conoco buyout 3.JPG
    conoco buyout 3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 317
  • dr. caldwell 2.JPG
    dr. caldwell 2.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 291

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Really nice finds, and I like the bottle a lot. Did you find the bottle when you were digging a signal or was it on top of the ground? Sorry you missed the Morgan dollar, but I'm sure there must be a lot more there, the area looks huge.

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. that looks like a promising area. keep us posted. btw love the mercs

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Pennyworth said:
Really nice finds, and I like the bottle a lot.? Did you find the bottle when you were digging a signal or was it on top of the ground?? Sorry you missed the Morgan dollar, but I'm sure there must be a lot more there, the area looks huge.

Pennyworth, the area is definitely pretty good sized, about 3 blocks long on the west side of the street. The other side is starting to get windows borded up as we speak. As for the bottle, I found another area over there that broken glass was showing next to a cattle watering hole. IDburdie would have probably found it if he had traveled about 50 yards further when he was down. There are still a number of bottles scattered on top of the ground--Clorox and Purex brown bottles, misc condiments, and a Listerene bottle or two.

Pennyworth said:
Congrats on the 2 Mercs and silver Rosie, and in only 45 minutes.? Stop showing off.? ;D ;)? Hit it hard tomorrow and bring back a Large Cent, I know you want one.

The only thing I'd love to show off is a Large Cent if I can ever find one down here. All of the cents here get picked before they have a chance to grow up. ?;D

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs, Great looking new site, I want one... ;D
Good luck on the large cent, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread