The Blue Hole

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Ever been to the Blue Hole in Castalia, Ohio? My wife has. She says there is not much to see. Kinda of interesting - they don't know how far down it goes - but very deep! No oxygen in the water. Castalia is near Sandusky Ohio. Right on the shore of Lake Erie.

Anyway, first digs of the new year. My son and I went out and I got a silver rosie in the first 15 minutes so the pressure was on. Well, he met the challenge and produced his own. ;D I told him I win because mine was older. :D

Bob

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's interesting information, Mirage. Too bad it's closed. It sounds like a great place to hunt around.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Pennyworth,
We found the metal in Elyria which is maybe 40 minutes from Castalia. What part of Ohio you from?

Bob

BobG

Oct 28, 2005
I was at the Blue Hole when I was about 10 yrs old. It'd be a dream come true if anyone was allowed to dredge the coins thrown into it. The ones I remember laying on the slope in the water have been there for 50 yrs now. The place had been open for some time before I got to see it.

The other water in the park flowing under walk bridges is loaded with huge trout.

Can't say it's still the same. I suspect some developer got hold of it and priced it out of every working persons range.

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
Canton Ohio here ....

I was there when i was a child as well, very fond memories of it .. i was thinking to myself how they got it so Blue... then i seen a tidy bowl man tv commercial and thought that is where he came from ..LOL act as a child think as a child i guess..

Great finds ..

Axgar

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Mirage said:
Pennyworth,
? ? We found the metal in Elyria which is maybe 40 minutes from Castalia.? What part of Ohio you from?

Bob

Hi Bob, I'm from Parma Hts, and I have been to Elyria a few times. Your not very far from me,about 25-30 minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread