Junk day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
For all you gng's that go to other to more than one forum, you've probably already seen this but.... Well my husband isn't feeling well so I didn't want to leave the house but I really REALLY wanted to go hunting so..... I decided to have a look around the ole' homestead. Found a bunch of junk but no money.

A wheel - looks like it came off a childs baby buggy?
A small washpan
An axe
A piece of chain
A piece of a car spring - I think
A Mason jar lid
The top part of a tube
and some odds and ends... all in all it was a really nice day.
You can take a look at the BH forum so I don't waste space posting them here as well.

http://www.detecting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6366&sid=023e94977980915b96387368fe3d570b

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why Mumszie!

That's not junk!!! Those finds are relics! ;D

Glad you could go out today!

And I could not see your pics on that site.... :P

;)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
The detecing.com one worked, just gotta sign in :) I would say that was a good day of finds, that wagon wheel looks like its from an old toy wagon, the thing to the right of it is a cotter pin, the thing that you" havent a clue what it is" is a ford part, clean it up and it should say ford on it in cursive letters, i think the small washpan is made out of enamelware or soemthing? that whatsit is pretty neat too. and yep, that looks like a bullet casing. Alot better than findign clad i would say ;) Is it a dumpsite you were digging? there may be some nice old bottles there too :)

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Yes, the pan is one of those old enamel ones.? I used to use a much larger one for dishes... guess that tells my age!? ?:-*? This is my back yard actually but who knows... it might have been a dump site at one time.? It is a heavily wooded property.? There are so many trees that grass just will not grow.

A Ford part?? Really?? It's not very big.... about 2 inches long and 1-1/2 inches across.? I actually put it up to the monitor and it is the exact size that it looks like on the screen. It kind of looks like it might be brass but then I don't know much about metals.? There are no letters or names on it. I looked at it under a magnifying glass and can see no markings at all.

This is the front - close up

fordpartfront.jpg

and the back - close up

fordpartback.jpg

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HISTORY...HISTORY...HISTORY...not junk!!Thank's MUMZ!!!...HH

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
that is definetly a car part, I have one that says ford on it and one that doesnt, so i guess it might be a generic one ??? Still have no clue as to what they went on...maybe something to do with the battery? they are copper or maybe brass.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there mumszie!

I can really relate to the fruit jar lid. The folks who lived here must have canned for the whole community. I've lost track of the number of old zinc lids I've dug on our own property.

HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mumszie, Don't ever call your junk junk.....We prefer the term....Junque. Always capitalize it. It makes it much more important! ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions