Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    Florida- Somewhere in the middle
    MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

MXT pays for itself (and then some)..... Lucky Day!!! (nice surprise-update

Hey all..... Just got back from another week at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.... I had one day (last thursday) with no appointments, so I figured I would try out some of the local parks... I found one about 7 miles from the motel and it was a tot-lot next to a school. Regular tot-lot, medium sized, and an adjacent Basketball court along side of it.. I have been making a point lately of hitting the areas of tot-lot's away from the heavy traffic/play areas, as so many of the lots I hit lately seem to have been picked clean right around the play areas. This has paid off on several trips as nothing is found in the usual areas, but I find stuff on the perimeter and even around the bench's where moms sit and watch..
    I hadnt gone ten feet into the area when the MXT went off with a scattered but strong signal, bouncing back and forth between nickel/ring range and 1 cent/10 cent range... Usually this finds a disfigured or rusty bottle cap, but I am keeping to my promise to dig everything... It says the object is 8" down, so I start digging.. Nothing in the hole, nothing in the pile of chips/dirt next to the hole.. Sweep again and it says it is still in the hole.. I take the pinpointer out and probe the hole, and on the inside of the hole at about 7" it goes off... So I take the lesche and dig away at the side a bit and when the dirt falls, there it is.. Another silver chain!!! Man oh man, how can I be so lucky?!? So I grab it, and pick away at the dirt as I pull... Out she comes and it is a lovely 24" silver chain!! Man I am so pumped... Put it deep in my pocket so I dont lose it, and continue to work the lot... The first pic is of the rest of the stuff I found, the big earrings look like gold, but I cannot find stamps on them anywhere so they cant be... But man, when I saw them shining down in the holes at first, I was simply dumbfounded at my streak of good luck... As a side note, the area I was hunting was NOT in a good area of Jax... I found 2 .32 loaded bullets, and one .38 cal deformed bullet that had obviously been shot into the dirt.. GULP... Ended up with $4.38 in clad at this spot also, which was a bonus..... Now back to the necklace...
    I get back to the motel, of course I am so excited to tell the wife about the necklace.. But first I wash it off.. Didnt look right, but oh well, it may have tinted due to the tannin in the wood chips or something. After I show the wife the other stuff I found and the clad, I then pull the chain out of my pocket and proudly show her "look, another silver chain!"... She of course was happy, but as I handed it to her, she says "this one must be thicker than the other one you found, it feels heavier".... Oh man, I suddenly feel a lump in my throat, thinking that maybe I simply found a cheap chain that is silver plated... "I never looked for the .925 mark, I guess I should before I get too excited"... I pull out the mag glass, and nervously look at the clasp.... WHAT?!?!?!? Yes, you guessed it, "ITALY 14K".... OMG, I couldnt believe it! The MXT had just more than twice paid for itself!!!
    Just got back home last night, and first thing I did was weigh it... 43.89 gms!
    I have to wonder how people lose things like that. The clasp is not broken, but has a slight gap in it, just enough for the other side to slip through if you move it just right.. I guess someone was running or such and as it bounced around, it fell off.... Maybe someone running from a bullet?? LOL...

Enjoy the pictures folks, I am still grinning from ear to ear... Of course, with the med bills I have and such, it will have to go to the gold buyers, either midwest or ARAgold... Leaning toward ARAgold though...

First pic is of the odd's and ends jewelry, then the whole chain, then the clasp that says it all....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jax finds.jpg 
Views:	9329 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	354558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14k.jpg 
Views:	9369 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	354559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14k_2.jpg 
Views:	9408 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	354560  
    You never think you need an extra machine, until the one you have breaks down...

us
    Feb 2009
    The NO town, CA
    Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
    2 times

Re: MXT pays for itself (and then some)..... Lucky Day!!!

Very nice!! Had to feel good to know that the detector paid for itself in one outing!!! Keep up the good work!!

us
    Oct 2009
    kingman az
    new coinmaster
    8 times

cool find
    Attached Images Attached Images       

us
    Sep 2009
    Kalamazoo MI
    Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
    18 times

Outstanding work with the MXT there SS! nice going and hope you are doing well! HH.

Chuck.

Oct 2005
    Mechanicsville, MD

The pin in the bottom right corner is a Brownie Girl Scout insignia.

DIG, RECOVER, PRESERVE...THE SCOURGE OF THE DIRT!

Jan 2007
    Virginia
    TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
    271 times
    Banner Finds (12)

Sweet

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    XP DEUS
    50 times
    Banner Finds (1)

that's a real nice payday

us
    Hey! I found a .........

Jul 2006
    TEXAS
    937 times

Score! Always check silvered colored jewelry. Sometimes it is 14k white gold!
    Metal detecting: Getting up at the break of dawn to experience the thrill of the unknown.

us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Whaaaaaat? That's a nice haul!

us
    Treasure Hunter

Nov 2005
    Brevard County, FL ~ USA
    Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
    12 times

Verrrrrrry Niceeeeeeeeee!!!!
    That is almost a $600 Gold Chain, if not more depending on what dealer would take it off your hands for.

Congratulations.

GOLD is GOODDDDDDDD!!!!!

Rob

TreasurdiggrNY

That gold chain is beast, congrats on an awesome find

gb
    Mar 2009
    Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
    Minelab X-Terra 505
    1 times
    Metal Detecting

A 14K chain, I'd love to find something like that...
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us... cats look down on us. But pigs treat us as equals". Quote by Sir Winston Churchill.

us
    Oct 2008
    Northern California
    Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
    1350 times
    Banner Finds (4)

That's one of the nicer gold chains I've seen come from a tot-lot

With gold hovering around $1100-$1200, I've been hitting them too recently , and finally found a 14K gold crucifix

hh,
    Brian

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    Florida- Somewhere in the middle
    MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by WaSaBi
    Verrrrrrry Niceeeeeeeeee!!!!
    That is almost a $600 Gold Chain, if not more depending on what dealer would take it off your hands for.

Congratulations.

GOLD is GOODDDDDDDD!!!!!

Rob
    Thanks everyone, it will be hard to beat this find... I weighed it and then used a gold calculator, and at yesterdays spot it was worth $998.00, and that was 98% of spot, which is what ARAgold pays.... We will see what the actual value is when I send it in....
    The calculator showed it as just under a troy ounce of pure gold in it.... I'm just so happy to know that in a short 3 1/2 months, my detector paid for itself....
    You never think you need an extra machine, until the one you have breaks down...

Jul 2007
    Maryland
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Way to work that MXT!!!!
    Ty

[size=14pt]BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY AND ART PHOTOS:[/size]
    [size=14pt]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ty-McMurray-Photography/190061817702845?ref=hl[/size]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links