My first Silver George

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Went to an old homesite yesterday and found my first silver quarter.....besides the ones I found at the club hunt. Had only found dimes until now. I guess the quarters are easier to spot when you drop them. The land borders a graveyard. The quarter was found beside of the drive leading into it.

Also found $1.74 in clad, a dog whistle, and a flattened thimble. Was using the 12" coil on my 250....havent really noticed any difference in depth with it, just able to cover more ground. It is harder on the wrist than the stock coil.

124982291.jpg

124982325.jpg

Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet first, melt value is like $1.25! You should make a ring with that I am making 2.

Keep @ it and HH!!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is the Cemetery ? if it is an old one....there might be some old coins there somewhere! Seeker

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
It is always nice to find silver! Amazing!!

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The Seeker said:
? ? ?How old is the Cemetery ?? if it is an old one....there might be some old coins there somewhere!? ?Seeker

Some of the older graves had late 1800 - early 1900 dates of death. There is a church there also that is currently being used. I stayed away from the graveyard....didnt want to get run off. Only had permission to look the old lot beside of it. I found the quarter at the edge of the lot where the drive goes up into the graveyard. I guess maybe it fell out of someones pocket that had parked there for a funeral. I found alot of the clad in the same area.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrat's on the silver,they're alway's nice to add to the collection.HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the silver quarter zeke.

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
silver is always nice.
?Is the lot in between the church and cemetery? ?they might have carried coffins directly from church to cemetery. ?

Tim

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS on the silver!!!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on your first silver quarter, and a good haul, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
TimmyNY said:
silver is always nice.
?Is the lot in between the church and cemetery? ?they might have carried coffins directly from church to cemetery. ?

Tim

No......the lot is on the corner, then the cemetery, then the church. There are still some outbuildings left on the lot but not alot of targets. The thimble and the dog whistle were the only items found on the lot itself. All the coins came from the area in between the lot and the cemetery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread