Modest finds...

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Hey folks!

My second post since moving back into California. I found an old picnic grounds (with tons of trash!!) that dates back to the twenties and is located along the Sacramento River, but it appears others must have beat me to all the silver save one lone '42 mercury dime. ;D

Other finds include a copper container whose diameter is between a quarter and half dollar. Not sure what it contained but it sure wasn't coins, unfortunately! Next was an old Farmers Insurance license plate hopper, probably dating to the forties like the Merc. And then a sweet Tootsie Toy Triumph TR-3! I love finding Tootsie Toys! I noticed this one will sell for about $12.99 in good condition, which mine isn't. Last of all, a type of key that is a first for me. Not sure what it was used to open, but I'm sure someone here can identify it.

Thanks for looking, and hopefully next time I'll have more silver to show for my efforts.

HH,

Ray

Attachments

• merc.JPG
    merc.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 567
  • relic1.JPG
    relic1.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 569
  • relic2.JPG
    relic2.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 584
  • farmers.JPG
    farmers.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 567
  • car.JPG
    car.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 564
  • key1.JPG
    key1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 564
  • key2.JPG
    key2.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 568
  • key3.JPG
    key3.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 562
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Some really great looking finds. Very good. Ray. Silver is nice, but so is the joy of finding any of those old history items. And from the looks of it, you found some really nice pieces. Keep up the good work.
HH
Knightwalker

Imnengr

Oct 31, 2009
Chicago Area
Detector(s) used
E-trac, X-terra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Nice stuff Ray! The insurance thing is very interesting...I wonder what it mounted to.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were finding alot of trash beside these modest!!!! But VERY Nice Finds !! This site is far from done producing 4 you!!! Smaller coil !! More time !! But from the look of the finds you posted 2day it will be worth it !! MaineRelic.

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Imnenger, the Farmer's Insurance thing went on license plates, somehow. I guess it was a way to advertise your insurer.

Mainerelic, yes, a smaller coil would help, but for right now I have to stick with my 11" stock pro coil till I can afford a smaller one. The stock coil actually has very good trash separation, and the Safari's discrimination is excellent in my opinion. But a smaller coil would do wonders in this area.

Ray

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you're in the silver no matter where you go. Keep it comin Ray.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread