Got out for about 45 minutes and.....................

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Larry and I went out this morning to talk with land owners about getting permission to hunt house sites on their property. We did get some new spots so on the way to our next appointment we decided to try one spot that was new to us, The ground was froze fairly bad and the corn stalks were really a mess. After about 30 minutes Larry had worn himself down a bit trying to dig in the frozen ground and he said he was going to the van, I said I would hunt a couple more rows and then go to the van. I went down one row and back up the other and got a nice signal, it was under a pile of corn husks so the ground was not froze near as bad and I got the shovel in with out to much trouble, the dirt came out in clods and on the second shovel full I had the signal out....And WOW to my surprise when I picked the clod up there was a US Buckle. Needless to say I was shocked, I turned off the detector and went to the van, dropped my find in Larry's hand and he was totally amazed. We had to leave then to meet one of the farmers we had an appointment with. It has been a long while since I dug a US buckle and it is even more unusual here in east central Indiana. I can Guarantee you that we will be back there...Lee

Attachments

• buckle1.jpg
    buckle1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 596
  • buckle2.jpg
    buckle2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 601
  • buckle1.jpg
    buckle1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 601
  • buckle2.jpg
    buckle2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 595
Upvote 0

hodge

Mar 9, 2009
Buckley, Flintshire, North Wales.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YYEESSS... if I ever had the chance to detect in the US thats what I'd like to find... nowhere else on earth would you get one of those. Well impressed, nice one!

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
Congratulations on a sweet plate!!! I'd be back out there with a PASSION!!!

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More saved history. That was a well spent 45 minutes.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of the best 45 minutes ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread