200 year old house finds.

FoxRox

Dec 28, 2005
Lexington, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/Shadow X-5...Bullseye pinpointer
A buddy and me hit an old farmstead for 5 hours today. My grand total was one 41 wheatie and a buck-21 in new change. My buddy got a 40 wheatie, a few hotwheels cars, a pocket knife(new), and some clad. We were disappointed to say the least. On our way out I saw a friend that lives pretty close. He said that he had seen some guys detecting there a few years ago. Well that explains it. I guess they missed the two wheaties. I hope to post some of my finds when I can figure out my camera. Oh the dreams of virgin sites!!!

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Not a bad day,,, If I can atleast find a wheatie I concider myself lucky...
Better luck next time, & Happy hunting~

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Fox,

heck, you got out; it was an adventure; and your next hunt could be that virgin site.

have a good un..............

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear it got raked already,never know until you turn that power button on.Congrat's and HH!!

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
no site is hunted out. Ive gotten 7 silver coins this summer from a park that I know for a fact has been hit thousands of times. by myself a couple hundred

it all came from 2 small areas that were in the middle of large open field.

Tim

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes previously hunted doesn't mean a thing. I've hunted a cellar hole that's been "previously hunted" and came away with lots of goodies including an Indianhead penny. It all depends on how knowledgeable and thorough the previous hunters were.

A

AK in KY

Fox - Go back after a good rain. Bet there is still things there to be found. HH

AK in KY

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with AK. Get back there after a good heavy rain and crank up the ALL METAL mode. There's got to be more there! Good luck!

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
Wheaties are welcome in my book! In my opinion, where there are wheaties...it's a VERY good bet that there's some silver there waiting to be found also! :o
Get back there when you can, (preferably right after a good soaking rain), slow it down a bit, and try scanning the area from a different direction...you'd be amazed at what a difference these three changes can make in terms of relative finds. Great job, and HH ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread