Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends,
LOL 70?s the last two days. I spent four hours Saturday hunting and 1.5 Sunday. I will post Sunday?s finds later. I hunted a two story house in town for three hours. I was surprised more was not found. I hear Stoney is paying five cents for each old pop cap you send him. Did I hear that right Stoney? He He. Two wheat pennies were found near the garage.
? . The bell was found at the house. The bullet was found south of town. The bullet and the unknown item below were found close together. The markings on the bullet are: W.R.A.C. 401 SL Is this an old bullet?
? ? ?

Attachments

• finds 1.jpg
    finds 1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 332
  • bell.jpg
    bell.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 325
  • rifle bullet.jpg
    rifle bullet.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DL 6 A.jpg
    DL 6 A.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's ID,....what's with the MR.T. bling,any info yet?HH!!

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that bell.

I'm fairly sure your mystery item is part of a padlock. ?The "six-lever" inscription fits in with this idea.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diamond is still in the biz, apparently.

92_1.JPG

I couldn't find a picture of a Diamond brand lock, but here's a 6-lever...

1135516045434_lock2.jpg

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the bell also. It is heavy for it's size. Two inches tall. I can't tell what type of metal it is.

I think you are on to something about the lock cover. I thought it had to do with a Diamond truck. Now I am leaning towards your idea.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice digs, I wonder if the rifle slug is still "live" after all those years in the dirt? I have one of those Ford Emblems in my box of stuff. Keep us posted, very good site!

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
nice finds...i found five toy cars at a playground at a local school nearby... i left the toy cars at the play ground, i put them in different places, so that no one kid gets them alll... :)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
IDburdie said:
Hi friends,
I hear Stoney is paying five cents for each old pop cap you send him. Did I hear that right Stoney? He He. The markings on the bullet are: W.R.A.C.? 401 SL? Is this an old bullet? ?

Stan, that's OK. If I get any, I'll just put it on your tab. ;D
As for the .401 S.L. cartridge, it is chambered for the Winchester 1910 Self Loading Rifle.
http://www.gmartin-auctions.com/spr04cat/lot271.html

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
The bell is very nice. Found a lot of fragments but never intact whole thing

HH
Sand

OP
OP
Burdie

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know how to tell the difference between brass and bronze. I wish I knew what the bell is made of.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Bronze is the ancient name for a broad range of alloys of copper, but usually with tin as the main additive.

Brass on the other hand uses zinc as an alloy.
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc (a copper alloy), a solid solution. Typically it is more than 50 % copper. Some types of brass are called bronzes, despite their high zinc content.

Both can becone dark with age and can have a greenish patina but I believe your bell is brass. My reasoning being that it appears to be stamped India on the inside.

R

rvbvetter

Very nice finds!! I think Stoneys right. I've never seen bronze stamped India. But then you never know. Also brass has a destinct smell. So if anyone on the street corner tries to sell you a gold ring (like they do here) just take a whiff. If you can smell it. It's brass. WTG!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread