You Just Never Know....

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
It finally quit raining for a few hours...so I got out to some of the local school yards. Found over a buck in clad, but the surprise of the day was a New Zealand dollar! Must have been some kid's show and tell. For someone who has only been at this for six weeks, this is my most surprising find yet. What will you find next time out? You Just Never Know!

So now a question--what was the most surprising thing you've found--something that just didn't fit, or was obviously out of place?

Thanks,

Mike

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had to answer this question. I once found a 16 Kt. gold cap to a tooth in a swim area in two foot of water. It was near the surface of the sand and shinny like it just fell out.

Sandman

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Probably the 1923 state of Oregon license plate I found buried under a foot of peanut shells under Civic Stadium, or maybe this- found up Brice Creek- (PS, its not gold, but I thought it was at the time, LOL)

Attachments

• Mexican gold.jpg
    Mexican gold.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 455
  • Mexican gold.jpg
    Mexican gold.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 456

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D I found a real humans gold tooth at a yard sale in some tangle necklaces I bought with a heavy gold charm bracelet that had a fake gold tooth on it all when I had JUST dropped my husband off at the dentist office!? ;D ;D ;D
( both the human tooth and the charm bracelet was in the middle of the necklaces)
HH
? Gigi

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 25 sentimo piece from the philipines on clearwater beach last year. Not too far away I found 2 british pound coins. I wasn't too surprised about the british coins as we see alot of english tourists on the beach.

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Most surprising find was silver 20 kopecks (russian cents) dated 1910s. I found it in Bavaria (Germany).

20kop.jpg

HH
Sand

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these glass's at a known civil war site...both lense's are still intact...go figure...HH!!

Attachments

• 2006_0109Image0001.JPG
    2006_0109Image0001.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 250

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
civilman1 said:
Found these glass's at a known civil war site...both lense's are still intact...go figure...HH!!

That's a really neat find Civilman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread