Finds from Yesterdays Hunt

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Finds from Yesterday's Hunt

KKC got out yesterday to an old standby site. It was the site where we got four Colonial coppers, a Draped Bust cent, the banner 1794 Liberty Cap cent, and 1847 Braided Hair cent over a month ago. I found this 1945 Walker half in the area where we dug the coppers.

I also found a flattened lead piece, which I believe could be a Colonial poker chip. I think I remember someone posting a similar one before. I wouldn't doubt it if there was gambling going on at this Colonial-vanished dwelling. I did find a barrel tap key there last time, so you know he and his buds knew how to have fun...Colonially-speaking. :laughing9:

Walker Half 003.JPG

Walker Half 002.JPG

Attachments

• Walker Half 003.JPG
    Walker Half 003.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,493
  • Walker Half 002.JPG
    Walker Half 002.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,505
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Re: Finds from Yesterday's Hunt

In order to be politically correct, I edited the title and original post. From now on, I will only post period coins that I feel were lost during the time when the settler(s) dwelled there. Non-period coins and relics may or may not be included in the picture, depending on the mood that I'm in. I may just mention them in my post, depending, once again, on the mood that I'm in at that time.

Kyle

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Iron Patch, I joined your "it-should-have-been-a-four-reales" club

KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
plehbah said:
You may not appreciate it now, but when you are old like me, and life has broken you and torn your spirit and psyche to shreds, you will look back on all of your finds and remember them and the circumstances surrounding the recovery fondly.

This could happen while you are running or horseback riding or swimming.....
Well said ,plehbah :thumbsup: cheerup Kyle ,when you look back someday ,perhaps it will be a great find

It will never be a great find, but will be one to remember and good for a laugh.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks so. If most of these people would swing a Colonial site, IP, they would understand why you and I don't smile over a dug Walker half on a strictly Colonial site. :thumbsup: When I told Kirk in the field, he laughed and walked away. :dontknow:

To the people who think I don't want the half, you are in the wrong. It is now happily sleeping with my other post-1900 silvers in a small altoid container. :laughing9:

A few years ago Ironhorse and I were scouting fields and I seen him stop and dig a few targets. I thought great, he found a site! So I walk over and just then he pops a big silver and I stood there waiting for the good news it was a big Colonial silver and we were about to hunt a great site. He turned with a bit of joy saying it was an early 1900s half... I mumbled a few curse words and walked away. :laughing7: I probably would have cursed out loud if it was a 4 reale :) but a half, he knows they don't do it for me.

I'd feel the same way if I found a modern gold ring, or $50 in change in a hole, it's cool but time to get to work!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Iron Patch, I joined your "it-should-have-been-a-four-reales" club

KylePA said:
Buckle Elf said:
After you have raped and pillaged the PA soil of its coppers for 50 years, and there's nothing left to find but some crusty clad, you will keep that Walking Liberty Half on your bedside table, so that you can grope for it with a sweaty, clammy hand after waking up from a nightmare. Or perhaps you will put it in a bezel and hang it around your neck so that you can tell the new generation of detectorists that you dug it in the Good Old Days, back when there was silver to be found, while you were walking barefoot five miles to school through the snow. The young detectorists will search you out as an "Old Timer" to get leads about new places to find clad, and you will tell them that you have already hunted all of the places that are any good, while you twitch nervously and thumb the half dollar in its shiny silver bezel.

Buck, I doubt we will ever hunt out one county let alone all of PA. :laughing7: There will be plenty of coppers to be found by KylePA Jr. and KylePA III at Colonial-vanished sites many years from now. :laughing9:

Kyle,

I feel the same way about the sites here. There is too much to dig and too little time. I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that I will have to leave all of my extensive research on this area behind when I leave. I am rehunting sites, trying to at least have some closure on some of the areas we have hunted. But there is always the nagging suspicion that time could be better spent on another site--or another. That used to never plague me, but now it does. Well...at least I am still doing some finding, and at least I am not burning up batteries in a tot lot for a few crusty coins and a chance at a piece of modern jewelry.

You know the feeling, my friend. I can tell by your posts here that you know it well. The question is never "Where on earth will I dig today?" but rather "Where is the Best place to dig today?"

The half is a nice little blip on the grand timeline of your finds. But the good news is that you don't have to worry. You have continuity. You--and I--can go digging and feel pretty confident that even if we don't hit something good all of the time, we still will hit it 8 times out of 10. When I leave Kentucky, that continuity will be gone for me. It will take months of research, months of detecting to figure out which sites have been hunted before, and what areas of research will be the most productive in order to have that continuity again.

The end is coming--but the good news is that it isn't here yet.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

K'dude -->

The dang thing musta been a 1700's 1/2 reale at one time and just sorta grew into a Walker over that length of time ! Like a seed grows into a big patato.

That or one of KKC's distant relatives was tryin out their 'NEW' land mine detector right after WWII in the Pennsylvania colonial doyt and accidently dropped the Walker while doing the happy dance right after digging up a Chain cent !

With all our coin finds it raises more questions in one's mind then it answers . It has happened to me more than once and I'm pretty certain has happened to all of us colonial seekers ...gettin that killer target ID and digging a newer wilver.

I'd have replanted it in Kirk's or Chris's grid when they weren't looking :laughing9:

Anyways ...Xmas is almost here ... focus on that and have a Merry Merry & a Happy Happy my brotha ! Spring 2010 is right around the corner !!!!!!

D. :headbang:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

At least you knew immediately that your coin wasn't a colonial find. The target I found that day had me going for a while. Funny thing about it is that our two finds are from the same timeframe.
Unc

Attachments

• PIC00002.jpg
    PIC00002.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 687
Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Derek752 said:
K'dude -->

The dang thing musta been a 1700's 1/2 reale at one time and just sorta grew into a Walker over that length of time ! Like a seed grows into a big patato.

That or one of KKC's distant relatives was tryin out their 'NEW' land mine detector right after WWII in the Pennsylvania colonial doyt and accidently dropped the Walker while doing the happy dance right after digging up a Chain cent !

With all our coin finds it raises more questions in one's mind then it answers . It has happened to me more than once and I'm pretty certain has happened to all of us colonial seekers ...gettin that killer target ID and digging a newer wilver.

I'd have replanted it in Kirk's or Chris's grid when they weren't looking :laughing9:

Anyways ...Xmas is almost here ... focus on that and have a Merry Merry & a Happy Happy my brotha ! Spring 2010 is right around the corner !!!!!!

:laughing7: :laughing7: Silver is silver and a find is a find :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Derek752 said:
K'dude -->

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D. Dude, my Colonial bud who always will be my Colonial bud until the day I am ancient news like our Colonial ancestors, :laughing9: :notworthy:

My head is still sore from non-stop banging of it against my wall. :laughing9: That could have and should have been a Spanish Colonial silver. :help: Those dang fertilizers must have turned it into the Walker. :laughing9: :dontknow:

My grandfather probably dropped Walkers after coming back from fighting overseas during WWII. He was one bad a$$ patriot. If he was a Rev War vet, I bet he would have lost his fair share of USA's. :notworthy: :headbang:

I was hoping, after I saw it was a Walker and saw the '45, that it would have been dated 1745. :laughing9: Striking errors do occur, so I would have taken credit for a 1745 Colonial Walker. :laughing9: :help:

Take care on the Thailand frontier, my brotha! :occasion14: Merry Christmas to you, my bud! :icon_santa:

K. Man :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Colonial Copper Zeus said:
At least you knew immediately that your coin wasn't a colonial find. The target I found that day had me going for a while. Funny thing about it is that our two finds are from the same timeframe.
Unc

It is still a decent addition to your collection, unc. I guess we can't nail Colonial every time we hunt. :dontknow:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"I was hoping, after I saw it was a Walker and saw the '45, that it would have been dated 1745. Striking errors do occur, so I would have taken credit for a 1745 Colonial Walker."

Sir Kyle,
After looking at a close-up of your Walker, I think it IS a 1745!!!! :hello2: :occasion14:
Way to go Dude. Just in time for Christmas. :tongue3:
-Colonialess Dug-

Attachments

• Colonial Walker.jpg
    Colonial Walker.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 558

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
In order to be politically correct, I edited the title and original post. From now on, I will only post period coins that I feel were lost during the time when the settler(s) dwelled there. Non-period coins and relics may or may not be included in the picture, depending on the mood that I'm in. I may just mention them in my post, depending, once again, on the mood that I'm in at that time.

Kyle
You can't just un-ring that bell now everyone else's posts make a little less sense plus you have every right to be unhappy with a big modern silver that came from a purely old site that would be a big let down to me too I hunt oldies only and if it was me I would be miffed as well. PC is BS post as you like but stick to your guns.

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

ModernMiner said:
"I was hoping, after I saw it was a Walker and saw the '45, that it would have been dated 1745. Striking errors do occur, so I would have taken credit for a 1745 Colonial Walker."

Sir Kyle,
After looking at a close-up of your Walker, I think it IS a 1745!!!! :hello2: :occasion14:
Way to go Dude. Just in time for Christmas. :tongue3:
-Colonialess Dug-

Dug, you are one of the main reasons why Treasurenet is a great place to dwell. :laughing9: Your humor is the best! :notworthy: :laughing9:

I will be putting that 1745 Walker on Ebay. :laughing9:

Sir Kyle

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

relic lover said:
KylePA said:

Kyle
You can't just un-ring that bell now everyone else's posts make a little less sense plus you have every right to be unhappy with a big modern silver that came from a purely old site that would be a big let down to me too I hunt oldies only and if it was me I would be miffed as well. PC is BS post as you like but stick to your guns.

Relic lover, thank you for having my back on this. I greatly appreciate it.

I know I don't get offended when a hunter in England says, "That dang signal should have resulted in a Roman silver, but, instead, it was a lowly King George." :laughing9: I laugh and say, "Yeah, I would have been a little peeved as well if I lived there." :laughing9:

Kyle

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KylePA said:
relic lover said:
KylePA said:

Kyle

I know I don't get offended when a hunter in England says, "That dang signal should have resulted in a Roman silver, but, instead, it was a lowly King George." :laughing9: I laugh and say, "Yeah, I would have been a little peeved as well if I lived there." :laughing9:

Kyle

That's it! All the modern hunters will move and hunt our Colonial sites. Us Colonial guys will move to the UK and go crazy on the coppers. ...and the UK guys, we'll kick them straight to the moon and let Richard Branson try to figure out how to get em back! ;D

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Iron Patch said:
KylePA said:
relic lover said:
KylePA said:

Kyle

Kyle

That's it! All the modern hunters will move and hunt our Colonial sites. Us Colonial guys will move to the UK and go crazy on the coppers. ...and the UK guys, we'll kick them straight to the moon and let Richard Branson try to figure out how to get em back! ;D

Those UK hunters will be shaking once they hear that a descendant of a Rev War patriot is showing up on their turf. ;D

coinmaster2db

Jun 25, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

After seeing your post, I recalled the post from Buckleboy and HB's hunt when they dug the piece with the circuit board. It's becoming very obvious to me that someone is messing with the space/time continuum. :o Someone is trying to hit our sites before we do, but they're traveling back in time to do it. They probably dropped that walker while hunting that site. Folks, you may want to check your finds to make sure they are still there. If they dig a coin in the past that you recovered in the present, then it will disappear. (right?) :icon_scratch: I'm confused. Whoever is doing this......STOP IT!!! Our only hope is they will get too greedy and travel back too far where they will be burned at the stake for using an apparatus that is clearly the work of the devil.

Happy Hunting (in the present) :hello:
Cm2db

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread