nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got to hunt a lot this weekend, the weather was okay Saturday, high in the low 40's and sunny....Sunday, high was around 60 and sunny.? Saturday I hit my neighbors yard and only found 2 dimes and a badly damaged penny that looks like it has been mowed or tilled, all clad, along with all of the trash in the first picture.? Total hunt time was about 2.5 hours.

Sunday went to my mamaw's house and and a church up the road that I attended for about 15 years....the church was built in 1895 and mamaw's house was built in 1926 I think.? Pretty good day for me really, although no silver.? Ended up with 8 wheats, 1944, 1944S, 1945, 1947D, 1951D, 1953D, 1956D, and 1957.? That 44S is really a long way from home, also got a 1941 nickel in pretty good condition.? Also dug up a couple of spoons from mamaw's yard that we used to play in the dirt with when we were kids.? Pulled 3 quarters a dime and 2 wheats from mamaws, the rest was from the front yard of the church.? Found this fake ring in the church yard too.? Total pull was 7 quarters, 5 dimes, 17 memorial cents, 8 wheats, and the fake ring.? Hunted Sunday for about 5 hours, it was great!!!? Don't think that the church has ever been hunted before and I only covered a small part of it.....hopefully there is some early or pre 1900's coins there waiting on me....

HH

Attachments

• Jan 9_2 002 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 9_2 002 (Medium).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 325
  • Jan 9_2 001 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 9_2 001 (Medium).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 331
  • jan8coins_1 (Medium).jpg
    jan8coins_1 (Medium).jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 327
  • jan8coins_2 (Medium).jpg
    jan8coins_2 (Medium).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Re: Weekend finds - wheats, old nickel, ring.....pics

So many coins... Amazing. Looks like it was nice comeback to the childhood :)

Sand

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Weekend finds - wheats, old nickel, ring.....pics

Sorry you all, forgot to post a pic of the fake ring, I'll update it when I get home this evening.....thx for looking

HH

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Weekend finds - wheats, old nickel, ring.....pics - UPDATE

As promised here is the pic that I forgot to post this morning...

HH

Attachments

• Jan 9 006 (Medium).jpg
    Jan 9 006 (Medium).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 262

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's ndd,look's like you put some time in that dig.HH and thank's for the pic's

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nice digs, WTG!!!
Those first two pics of the trash looks like my first two hunts for the year... ;D
Cool deal finding something you had when you were a kid, I always though it would be fun to search where you grew up and try to find something like that, but unfortunately for me, my old back yard is now in the middle of the new Indianapolis zoo...
Momma always said us kids acted like monkeys... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

R

rvbvetter

Are you sure you never done detecting? ;D
Very nice!! I would expect that church to give you some nice older coins. May have to clear the upper layer of coins and trash before the real oldies can make themselves heard. WTG!! HH

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good start on the church. My ratio of wheats to silver is about 7 or 8 to 1 so I would say next coin you dig at the church should be silver!
Well, we hope. Anyway, Good luck.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good! I bet you'll find more on your return trip!!!

Good Luck!

;)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Some nice finds and a trip down memory lane. Looks like you had a pretty good weekend
Good luck on that 1895 church yard. I pray ;D that you find some silver there. HH!

OP
OP
N

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for all of the great replies you all....

I can't wait to get back to the church this weekend, hopefully it will not be raining but its not looking too good right now

Hopefully Mirage is right and the next coin that I dig there will be silver!! I only covered about 1/5 of the yard so far, the other side is larger than the side I searched but there is a parsonage that has a renter on the other side also, I plan on asking them if they care if I detect in front of their house....hopefully they won't care because, judging by my finds last week, there has to be a LOT more in that larger section of grass....my mamaw and papaw used to own a store about 50 years ago that bordered the church yard on the parsonage side too

there is also a cow pasture behind the church by a small creek and I was once told that the church used to have picnics in that bottom many years ago, so that may be another promising site....once again, thanks for looking

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread