Hit the BIG one today in Silver.

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Well I finnaly mustered up the corrage to ask my boss if I could detect his dirt floor basement of his house wich was built in 1779. He said sure no problem..PPPHHHEEEWWW that wasnt hard. So I went today and did the whole this from one way and then the other to make sure I got everything. The basement was huge. There was stuff everywhere. Most things where only a half of inche to 3 inches deep. I found all this silver. Notice the color diffrence between the standing liberty quarters and the washington quarters. i also found a ton of matchbox cars over 30 wheat cents a small silver star charm 3 buttons and a ton of trash.. Man what a hunt. I also got video of the whole hunt. Once I slim it down I will post it..Just couldnt wait to share this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 1,575
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

FunWithTreasure said:
I will definitly be going back again.

I'd hope so, you just blew my best silver day out of the water :notworthy: .. that is incredible.. like a couple others have said, I would sift that dirt down there and spend a lot of time. There are obviously many many more coins down there and the house being that old there should be some oldies. Look forward to seeing how the next hunt goes :icon_thumleft:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow :o those kids could lose some money ::) in the early /mid sixties a quarter was huge , 50 cents could buy alot of candy ! Try to get some of the matchbox cars. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score!!!!!!!! hope to see that vid soon ;D MR TUFF

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work with the silvers!! I totally agree with Plehbah, there has to be a good many nickels left there. Maybe even a key date Buffalo. Good luck on your next trip!

Steve

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Very nice hunt, it would be a good idea to go back.

S

seger98

Oh if I could only find a basement like that! Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread