Hit the BIG one today in Silver.

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Well I finnaly mustered up the corrage to ask my boss if I could detect his dirt floor basement of his house wich was built in 1779. He said sure no problem..PPPHHHEEEWWW that wasnt hard. So I went today and did the whole this from one way and then the other to make sure I got everything. The basement was huge. There was stuff everywhere. Most things where only a half of inche to 3 inches deep. I found all this silver. Notice the color diffrence between the standing liberty quarters and the washington quarters. i also found a ton of matchbox cars over 30 wheat cents a small silver star charm 3 buttons and a ton of trash.. Man what a hunt. I also got video of the whole hunt. Once I slim it down I will post it..Just couldnt wait to share this.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 1,575
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FTW, Amazing finds ! Thats a lot of silver - Did your boss let you walk with all of that or
was there a toll shall we say ? Argentium ( do you get to go back ?? there's more ! )

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy moly. If that was my basement...can you say "sifting"? ;D There's gotta be earlier coins mixed in too. And as you mention, is there any idea why the washingtons are discolored compared to the rest (most) of the coins?

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Holy Moley!!!
That's a lot of silver.

From the looks of it, I would say that was one productive hunt.

I love those Standing Liberty Coins, they are one of my favorites.

Can't wait to see your video.
Will you add it to this post?
I hope so, because otherwise I might miss it if you add it somewhere else.

Rob

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was one awesome hunt! Might not be a bad idea to sift a little to see what you come up with. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Good gosh that's bunch of silver! :o YOU DID GOOD! :icon_pirat: And I agree, if he'll let you go back again, I bet ya find more!

What a fantastic hunt! Congrats!!

Nana :)

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you spanked that basement for some big silver. I have detected alot of tarnished silver, it is still nice silver to me. If the coins were near the walls, they could have been pitching coins, we did that in school, lol.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! You did more silver in one day then some (me) does in a whole year.
Can you cut the size of your picture. I couldn't get all of your picture on my screen....I don't know if others were effected
the same way. And, GO BACK....GO BACK....and do it again, and cut your discrimination. S-L-O-W-L-Y slowly gets the
big 'uns. Great hunt.....and that boss is due a nice "Thank you." :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread