Lord of the Rings

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I got out to a new park today. Fired up the dfx and instantly started getting quarter signals one after another. I knew I was at a site that has never been hunted! Nickel, quarter, dime, quarter, pendant, quarter, ... I was only out for 15 minutes when I got the first ring. Steel with a gigantic fake diamond. Pretty cool. Another pendant. At least 15 more quarters. First pulltab 30 minutes in. Right next to that hole, another pulltab sound. 27 vdi and SOLID. Too loud. Like a pulltab on steroids. Thought for sure pulltab. Almost didn't dig, but I did. When it came out I only saw one little side of it in the clump, thought it was one of those old style pulltabs. Then I saw the yellow. Time slowed down for a minute as I knocked the dirt off one of the best rings of my life. 16 diamonds and a gigantic sapphire, in 14k. I threw off my headphones and did two somersaults. Seriously. Made my whole week.

Attachments

• blue_sapphire_1.JPG
    blue_sapphire_1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 6,259
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats a ring!!! Holy smokes!!! :notworthy: :headbang: :notworthy:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
If your detector had not paid for itself, It is paid for now, probably more than once. LOL

Congrats on a spectacular find.

I am still waiting for MY somersault moment. ;D :D ;D

Ray S ECenFL

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm trying to envision the somersault. If you are an old guy that would have been hillarious to see...
Kinda like that guy on tv that is trying to sell you the back remedy machine he invented where he turns upside down and spins all around.

Nevertheless, Myself being a young and athletically fit I'm sure someone has taped me doing strange jigs in open farming fields before.

Nice find

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
oh thank you for finding my ring , you see in my "other life" I was a goalie and after a horrible soccer accident on the feild -- while protecting "my" goal from the whole other team -- I lost my ring when they mobbed me trying to score a goal -- however my spirit lives on -- in the body of ivan -- so please sent him the ring -- :D ;D :D

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice i just found my first gold ring with the dfx it rocks! :headbang:

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: That is such a beautiful ring-WOW!!! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread