jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wha :(t is the common technology used by MD manufactures today.
BFO are they still used? PI pulse induction are deep seekers for special purposes, right? TR are what? Motion feature is what?
I'm a newbee and confused. What kind of technoglogy is Whites, Tesoro, MineLab , compared to Bounty Hunter and the other China cheapys. Is low cost giving you a not so up to date technoglogy? It's french to me....so any help is great

geo

Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi depends on budget and how much time you'll have to spend in the feild. If low cost I would go with a ace 250 over a bounty hunter or any other cheaper brand. I have no use with one but I have been here long enough to know they work. Not knocking any brands but I would stay with the leaders in the industry.

I only use high performance units. I am serious at what I do and spend alot of time doing it. I want top knotch performance nowadays. But top performance takes alot of time to learn. Get something mid ranged from white's minelab or garrets. Or get a good used better unit off of e-bay. Mxt is a awesome detector used for around 500.00 550.00.

Good Luck Jer

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cibola, Great reviews $340.00 new with lifetime warranty.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
birdman said:
Cibola, Great reviews $340.00 new? with lifetime warranty.

Good man, birdman.

Those Tesoros are deep!

Too with Tesoro you don't have to buy new. Look for a bargin used machine (they go fast). Tesoro's warranty is so good they'll fix any of their machines for free.

There are other excellent brands but just wanted to add my amen to what birdman wrote.

But warning! Be prepared to dig deep!

bobm31

Dec 18, 2005
Rowlett, TX (Dallas)
mwsvector said:
Wha :(t is the common technology used by MD manufactures today.
BFO are they still used? PI pulse induction are deep seekers for special purposes, right? TR are what? Motion feature is what?
I'm a newbee and confused. What kind of technoglogy is Whites, Tesoro, MineLab , compared to Bounty Hunter and the other China cheapys. Is low cost giving you a not so up to date technoglogy? It's french to me....so any help is great

geo

The most common technology, for general use MDs, is VLF with motion discrimination and preset ground balance. Most MDs, if not all, are microprocessor controlled. Some give target ID as well as indicating the depth of the target. Some allow programmable "notch" discrimination thus allowing you to tailor your discrimination patterns to fit your hunting requirements.

A low cost MD ($200) that has the latest 21st century technology with all of these features is the Garrett Ace 250. It has no knobs to turn just push buttons to select operating modes (all-metal, jewelry, custom , relic, or coins) as well as non- motion pinpointing. It is very easy to learn and use.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I was in your same situation about a year ago. I decided I wanted a fisher CZ70, but they were too pricey for a beginner like myself. I then decided either I would buy the ace 250 after lots of reading and research, or I would look all over the net until I found a used Fisher like I wanted. I found a barely used Fisher CZ7 (basically the same as the CZ70 I wanted) for about a third of the price of a new one, and bought it. It was a bit more than a new ace250, but I got what I was looking for. Check on Ebay, and on metal detector dealer's sites, and everywhere you can. If you can decide on one or two models you would like to have, just type in that brand and model in a search engine with "for sale" after the model#, and you'll come up with all kinds of hits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions