Up date on the Well
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Looking for that ONE find.

Nov 2005
    South Central Kansas
    Etrac
    87 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Up date on the Well

Unusual well only 4 feet in diameter. Only 12 feet deep and a foot of water in it. It looks like it was dug right through rock that looked chisled. Thats what the owner said. The owner and his brother says it makes no since for a well on the side of the hill. Nothing could be seen in the well by the brothers. I only stopped because it looked like wagon ruts through a rocky area. The modern road cuts right through these tracks if thats what they are. The Pacific tag was closer to the road than the well. The owner is going to fill it in and may have done that today. We only got an inch of snow here. By 2 PM it was gone. I will go back one of these days. May be I can figure out why it was built in that location. No indication of house or barn close by.

PS. The lid was old type concrete and wire not rebar like I thought it was. I was too spooked to no anything. HH Stan

us
    The Money Pit must be the Titanic of empty holes and empty wallets.

Apr 2004
    401 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Up date on the Well

it's probably a cistern - designed to catch rain water. Had one same dimensions only a bit deeper built of solid stone. they may have chose hill because it would catch water flowing down hill during heavy rains. Just a guess.
    Everybody has an opinion - this is mine. Humor will be part of that opinion. I've found things - some can only dream about. Some was pure luck, some was pure knowledge and skill. After 40 years at MD'ing (off and on), I know a few things about finding treasure lost in the ground. As a retired software engineer, I now have unlimited time on my hands. Life really doesn't matter unless you are true to yourself and in your dealings with other people.

us
    Jan 2005
    Great Falls, Montana
    White's DFX & a Sunray probe
    31 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: Up date on the Well

Ahh....now I know. I have one of those on the hill by my house. It's not very deep and lined with cut stone. I always called it a well but it didn't make sense to me because there are springs all over that hill. It was a cistern for the livestock to drink out of. Ring ring ring. (bells going off in my head.)

Thanks Ocean.

Sponsored Links