First post! Found FIRST coin with ACE 250!

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
:headbang:

My wife bought me an ACE 250 for Christmas......

I couldn't wait to try it out, so I took it outside about 30 minutes before dark in windy 25 degree weather! I dug 3 targets, 2 were junk and 1 was a coin!

My house was built in 1909 and there's been alot of history in the area, so I was extremely excited when I saw the coin....it turns out that it was a 1959 Lincoln Cent. Not bad!

I am going to have to learn this detector......it's a little tricky at first...different tones.

Anyways, thanks for readin' guys, I hope I can post some nice finds here in the coming months!

-Zach

Upvote 0
Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WELCOME!!! Thanks for sharing and I'm sure there will be lots more finds in your future. looking forward to reading about them here. Happy Hunting...:)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you will have a good place to Hunt. My last home was built in 1920 and the yard was full of silver! :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from the UK :icon_thumright:

First tip which many seasoned Detectorist still don't follow is;

No/Low Discrimination & as high a Sensitivity as the ground will allow. Then most importantly 'DIG EVERYTHING'. Follow these simple rules & don't shy away from clearing the trash & you will soon hit Gold.

Also, stay away from the Tot Lots & get into the Ploughed Corn Fields where the history is poking out the ground. Needs some research, but I would try any field I gained permission for.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome to T-Net!

I would hit the local park to get to know your machine better. The only reason I say this is because you WILL find coins there. The more time you spend with your machine the more you will learn what it is telling you, hence the more good stuff you will find!

Most importantly, have fun!

Just wait til you pull your first silver out of the ground, you won't believe your eyes!

I know that everyone here welcomes you but surprised someone hasn't told you about getting a camera or scanner to show us the goods.

Congrats!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and welcome. I've been digging for a long time and the optimum settings as probably mirrored by my other fellow old timer members are LOW discrimination and as HIGH sensitivity as you can get! Dig everything because there are ALOT of GREAT items that will sound like trash or that will bounce between a good and bad signal. Many times you will also find that there is a great relic or coin underneath a piece of iron. Sometimes when this happens you will here the iron signal sweeping the target from one direction and then you will here the GOOD signal from the coin while sweeping it from the other direction. Follow these directions and you'll be on your way to finding some nice relics.

Also study the maps in your area and try to find old homesites, roadbeds from colonial times, campsites, etc.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
CRUSADER said:
Welcome to Tnet from the UK :icon_thumright:

First tip which many seasoned Detectorist still don't follow is;

No/Low Discrimination & as high a Sensitivity as the ground will allow. Then most importantly 'DIG EVERYTHING'. Follow these simple rules & don't shy away from clearing the trash & you will soon hit Gold.

Also, stay away from the Tot Lots & get into the Ploughed Corn Fields where the history is poking out the ground. Needs some research, but I would try any field I gained permission for.
The ace 250 only let's you go to around 5-6 notches for Sens before it starts to fasle..I usually run mine at 5..

OP
OP
zaweiss

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hey everyone...

Thank you all for the advice and hospitality......it blows my mind to see people who are actually friendly on a web forum!

I took my ACE 250 over to my brother's house this afternoon and I found 8 pennies in one hole. He's just as hooked as I am!

I can't wait for decent weather! I have 4 old homestead sites to hunt in addition to my yard! These aren't just any old homestead sites, these were the homes of my great great grandparents and their multitudes of offspring, so anything that I find will hold extra value because these were my kinfolk! haha :laughing7

Also, I can't wait to post a bunch of pics of the sites and some sweet finds! (the pics of these homesteads are going to make some of you drool!!!!!!!)

till next time,

Zach

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
Congrats and welcome. I've been digging for a long time and the optimum settings as probably mirrored by my other fellow old timer members are LOW discrimination and as HIGH sensitivity as you can get! Dig everything because there are ALOT of GREAT items that will sound like trash or that will bounce between a good and bad signal. Many times you will also find that there is a great relic or coin underneath a piece of iron. Sometimes when this happens you will here the iron signal sweeping the target from one direction and then you will here the GOOD signal from the coin while sweeping it from the other direction. Follow these directions and you'll be on your way to finding some nice relics.

Also study the maps in your area and try to find old homesites, roadbeds from colonial times, campsites, etc.

Exactly, well said :icon_thumright: This is the difference between a good hunter & an excellent one. Be proud of clearing the trash & if you can hack it the treasure will follow :icon_thumright:

Happy Harry

Feb 15, 2008
San Mateo County California
Detector(s) used
ACE250,Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Zach,
I have been using my Ace250 for the past two years. Received it as a Christmas gift Dec.2007. Use both the large and small coils. Have found 1895 coins the first year and this year I am about 60 coins shy of the first years numbers this year. I hunt soccor fields, baseball parks. not the playing field so much as the side lines. Have had access to 4, 1916 homes. Have found several sterling rings, one gold chain, one fake gold chain, two silver half dollars,one barber dime. lots of trash and clad coins. over $100.00 each year. There has also been other bracelets, and rings. The tones will tell you what you need to know. Trust your machine it does not lie.

My first hunt netted 2-pennies and one dime clad. That hooked me. I have gotten out 85 days this year. some very short hunts less than a half hour others more protracted. The more time with your machine the luckier you get. Spend the time and good luck!!! HHHH

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Congrats on the new detector. I wonder how many detectors were xmas gifts this year?

cdltpx

Jul 6, 2009
Galvez La 70769
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/2 coils BH 2 coils/ Garrett pinpointer.
The 250 was not my first detector it is about my 3rd. My first was bounty hunter Jr aka the toy. Believe it or not I have found more with the Jr than with the 250 a great way to see if you are in a park that has been hit recently is to go over it with a Jr if you can't find any coins you can bet you arrived too late. The Jr would allow you to hunt all the coins you want at about 2 to 3 inches max and for some that is as far as they would like to take it. The 2nd was another bounty hunter that had discriminating abilities and depth but I could never pinpoint worth a hoot would dig plugs the size of wedding cakes. I quickly grew tired of this digging hobby and quit detecting for years.
Then I found treasure net a place where you can geek on the subject with folks that have been at this for years. I am still learning with the 250 and have yet to find silver with it but haven't dug every target as suggested by the maker. If I dug every target I would need a passport for when I arrived in Australia. What I want to do is find a location where I can dig deep old holes with a shovel and place them back somewhere in the woods where they would not care if you took such a digging instrument. A place where the scouts might go where I could find re manants of their having being there or even where soldiers from the civil war had been.
Today 12.28.09 I went detecting for a second day in a row I found less today but I think I am in the territory of a silverback detectorists since I rarely find a coin but locate all the canfetti I can dig. I know of some locations in Baton Rouge that have great potential of producing civil war artifacts but every day there is a murder in the town especially where the battles were fought. I don't need a successful hunt and another scar to talk about. I already have enough trouble getting to my feet with the harsh miles upon this tattered frame.
This Year I think I will get a book and record locations where I hunt include gps markers so I know what I have hunted and exactly where and when. Wonder if they make a detector with gps recording abilities? I can do this with the I phone another use for this amazing phone hey I can take a few pix too. Bet I could do a better job of this on the computer?

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cdltpx said:
The 250 was not my first detector it is about my 3rd. My first was bounty hunter Jr aka the toy. Believe it or not I have found more with the Jr than with the 250 a great way to see if you are in a park that has been hit recently is to go over it with a Jr if you can't find any coins you can bet you arrived too late. The Jr would allow you to hunt all the coins you want at about 2 to 3 inches max and for some that is as far as they would like to take it. The 2nd was another bounty hunter that had discriminating abilities and depth but I could never pinpoint worth a hoot would dig plugs the size of wedding cakes. I quickly grew tired of this digging hobby and quit detecting for years.
Then I found treasure net a place where you can geek on the subject with folks that have been at this for years. I am still learning with the 250 and have yet to find silver with it but haven't dug every target as suggested by the maker. If I dug every target I would need a passport for when I arrived in Australia. What I want to do is find a location where I can dig deep old holes with a shovel and place them back somewhere in the woods where they would not care if you took such a digging instrument. A place where the scouts might go where I could find re manants of their having being there or even where soldiers from the civil war had been.
Today 12.28.09 I went detecting for a second day in a row I found less today but I think I am in the territory of a silverback detectorists since I rarely find a coin but locate all the canfetti I can dig. I know of some locations in Baton Rouge that have great potential of producing civil war artifacts but every day there is a murder in the town especially where the battles were fought. I don't need a successful hunt and another scar to talk about. I already have enough trouble getting to my feet with the harsh miles upon this tattered frame.
This Year I think I will get a book and record locations where I hunt include gps markers so I know what I have hunted and exactly where and when. Wonder if they make a detector with gps recording abilities? I can do this with the I phone another use for this amazing phone hey I can take a few pix too. Bet I could do a better job of this on the computer?

get into the ploughed fields! dig as much as you please with the spade!

garthbfan169

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet and congrats on your first finds. I also have an Ace250 and love it keep at it and post some pics!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions