Eagle button...Tax Token.... Wheat.... Junque.....Lots of fun!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was another beautiful day today and I throughly enjoyed every minute of it. I decided to go back to the old cellar and try my luck again. Spent four hours trapsing through the woods and found a couple of keepers. Also decided to keep everything I dug up today. It's not easy trying to find the good stuff with all the not so good stuff everywhere.

My keepers for the day are a button with an Eagle on it.....a button with Volunteer Mfg. Co. Nashville on it.....a 1 Luxury Tax Token....a wheat penny ....a snap with Cantripum on it and of course the spent shotgun shells. I found lots and lots of zinc canning lids and some I don't know whats its. Oh and part of the wall from the cellar was rather neat. It has metal in it and a really neat looking tile with a cross.

Anybody want to tell us about the buttons? ;D

Thanks!!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 011003.JPG
    011003.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 011002.JPG
    011002.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 011001.JPG
    011001.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Real nice Nana. Keep searching that area. It takes a long time to fully cover a large area with the stock coil. Try and overlap sweeps as much as possible. Or get a 1400 at some point in time.

Keep up the good work

HH Jer

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haupin said:
Isn't it great.? Post your finds and everybody does the research for you?? ;)

Yes Haupin... it is! We have an awesome family here!

Thanks everybody!

;)

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omnicognic said:
Nice button! looks like this one:

button.JPG
That button (and the one Nana posted) is not from the 1800's.? I believe the Great Seal type like that was first made in 1902.? The ones posted in this thread look to be from the WW2 era or thereabouts.?

This is an eagle button from the 1800's.? I dug it yesterday.? Note how the more modern Great Seal buttons posted above more closely resemble the eagle on a dollar bill or the presidential seal.

2006%2D01%2D10b%2DHalifax%20Square%2DGI%2098%20button%2Ejpg

PS- nice finds! I like diggin' old tokens. I've never found a Depression-era tax token like that, but I don't think they used 'em here in Georgia.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread