Not much

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
The last few days has not produced much for me in the way of interesting finds. Although I did find 5 zink canning jar lids with the white glass seal in place. Other than that i have found 1 Wheatie, and about 20 dollars in clad coins. Maybe itll pick up again soon. I hav epermission to search an old home site circa 180 or so ..so maybe that will do it for me.

Saber

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Saber...

I found lots of those canning lids today..... :P They fool you into diggin them up and you think you have found a silver mine! :D Neat finds anyhow. I had never seen one till this year.... Sounds like you are doing good on finding the spending money!

Good luck on that old home site!

;)

OP
OP
sabertooth

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Yea they do fool ya but I have told myself that oneday I will dig one up and it will be surrounded by a cache of coins, or marbles. So I dig them my XLT gives the penny dime quarter signal, when that happens I pretty much know its a zink topper, but I dig anyhow. Yea, I have soda and hot dog money for my trips.
Saber

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hate those old zinc lids, my detector picks them up very deep and they always show up on the ID as silver coin? I like searching old homesites, but those lids really give me a fit! Maybe one day, we'll dig one that has the jar attached...full of coins! Ya just never know!

Keep up the good work!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Saber,

nice finds, $20 will sure pay for the gas.
Not what you found on this hunt thats important,
it's what your going to find on the next.

Night,

kind of like the zinc lids myself, have helped point the way to several good
buried bottle dumps.
Must have 40-50 of the porcelain inserts, a collection on it's own.

all have a good un.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread