Found 1863 Seated Liberty Dime 1910 Barber dime old pocket knives

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Contrary to popular belief, I have been doing some metal detecting in December.:hello2: Yes, business has been really good and I have been really busy. I will post a few things that I have found during the last few weeks. I have been under the weather for the past couple of days but I am feeling a great deal better now.:thumbsup: I am surprised that vol1266x has been able to find anything with out me there to show him where to dig.;D This just goes to show that a blind hog can find the occasional acorn.;D You three have slurred me enough! I am going to post my few, meager finds. Now to get down to business. Mostly I have hunted between 6:30AM and 8:00AM, before having to go to work. This is about three days per week between December 1st and December 23rd. The following finds came from around two houses in my home town. The large group of coins are mostly clad and Memorial. I did find 7 Wheat pennies dated from 1913 to 1951. I found 3 knives: 1 Old Timer, 1 Barlow, and 1 that I am not sure of. I did find 2 silver dimes: 1 is a Sitting Liberty dated 1863 and a 1910 Barber. The last picture is an assortment of odds and ends. The item to the right of the key is a buckle with an "H" on it.

Attachments

• DSC00978.JPG
    DSC00978.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,278
  • DSC00977.JPG
    DSC00977.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,201
  • DSC00979.JPG
    DSC00979.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 1,299
  • DSC00980.JPG
    DSC00980.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,222
Upvote 0

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: To MM and Nana: I Am NOT a Wimp, Here is a Special "Silver" Post for You

Nice Finds but you're still a wimp.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

VOL1266-X said:
You are jealous. And my cat can whip your dog anytime.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice grouping of finds, :icon_thumright:

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer

Very nice.
HH
KNightwalker

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800

Nice silver!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dman said:
VOL1266-X said:

Oh, you two are hilarious!!!
"I am surprised that vol1266x has been able to find anything with out me there to show him where to dig. This just goes to show that a blind hog can find the occasional acorn."
My kind of humor!
Alright "D", you're off the wimp list, AND you did a lot better on your silver than I did on mine. Congrats on the seated & Barber. :icon_thumleft:
I know "Q" doesn't like hunting old home sites and finding coins, but you have to expect that at his age. Even a seated or Barber is "new" to the old guy. ;D :laughing9:

Thanks for the post. Nana may not be as easy on you though. :dontknow:
-Doug-

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

ModernMiner said:
Dman said:
VOL1266-X said:

Oh, you two are hilarious!!!
"I am surprised that vol1266x has been able to find anything with out me there to show him where to dig. This just goes to show that a blind hog can find the occasional acorn."
My kind of humor!
Alright "D", you're off the wimp list, AND you did a lot better on your silver than I did on mine. Congrats on the seated & Barber. :icon_thumleft:
I know "Q" doesn't like hunting old home sites and finding coins, but you have to expect that at his age. Even a seated or Barber is "new" to the old guy. ;D :laughing9:

-Doug-
I'm not afraid of Nana, are we, Vol.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

-Doug-

[/quote]I'm not afraid of Nana, are we, Vol.
[/quote]

I AM.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now, wait a minute. You mean to tell me, you've been going out faithfully alll month long and finding the goodies? :icon_pirat: Could it be that Brad didn't want to leave his snuggly warm bed that early in the morn to go huntin', and so he made up some long tale about you working every waking hour? :evil5: ...Hummmmm? Brad? What's up with that? :icon_scratch: :D I know you wouldn't lead poor little 'ole Nana astray, now would ya?

Waiting on your reply.

Sweet Nana :laughing7:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nana40 said:
Now, wait a minute. You mean to tell me, you've been going out faithfully alll month long and finding the goodies? :icon_pirat: Could it be that Brad didn't want to leave his snuggly warm bed that early in the morn to go huntin', and so he made up some long tale about you working every waking hour? :evil5: ...Hummmmm? Brad? What's up with that? :icon_scratch: :D I know you wouldn't lead poor little 'ole Nana astray, now would ya?

Waiting on your reply.

I don't do old houses Bama Nana, No excuses.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found 1863 Seated Liberty Dime 1910 Barbrer dime old pocket knives

VOL1266-X said:
Nana40 said:

Waiting on your reply.

That's it? :tongue3:

:D Just yankin' yer chain, Brad. :-* :D Everyone knows you rarely wander off those CW sites. :wink:
You've both done very well with the finds this year....but it's always much more fun when ya have a huntin' buddy.
Here's to next years success! :coffee2: I'll be watching for you two in the magazines and on that banner! :icon_thumright:

Always a pleasure to see what ya find next!

Nana :wink:

ps....feeling a bit of envy over that seated, Burt.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice CW era dime there Dman......Old pocket knive's are alway's cool as well.I think I need to hit it hard this weekend.Happy New Year to you and your's :thumbsup:

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'll be, I thought you had just sold the detector, lol, here I find out you have been faithfully digging! Great find on the seated dime, that is really a cool find. Tell Brad those old house's can really have nice CW relics, I hunted them all last summer, man what a fun time we had! Congrats again on the neat finds.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
some neat finds. I dug a buckle just like that a few months ago at an old house site here in VA.

OP
OP
Dman

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Re: Found 1863 Seated Liberty Dime 1910 Barbrer dime old pocket knives

Nana40 said:
VOL1266-X said:
Nana40 said:

Waiting on your reply.

That's it? :tongue3:

:D Just yankin' yer chain, Brad. :-* :D Everyone knows you rarely wander off those CW sites. :wink:
You've both done very well with the finds this year....but it's always much more fun when ya have a huntin' buddy.
Here's to next years success! :coffee2: I'll be watching for you two in the magazines and on that banner! :icon_thumright:

Always a pleasure to see what ya find next!

Nana :wink:

ps....feeling a bit of envy over that seated, Burt.
Nana, Don't feel envious. I predict you will find a lot of gold and silver in 2010. Happy New Year.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver and key :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread