1937 Texas Fishing License and yard animals

txpathfinder

Feb 4, 2008
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hello and Happy New Year to all.
Managed to get access to a large lot adjacent to an old home that I have wanted to hunt. Here are my finds.
Today was my first day using my Cen-Tech pinpointer ($16. at Harbor Freight.) It was an eye opener. I can see where a pinpointer will help you recover deep targets. In the past, I might have abandoned a hole that had pulled me down deep but with a pp you can figure out just where in the "tunnel" to dig. Again, a real eye-opener. <p>I found the 1937 "Seine" fishing license (Seine fishing is the use of a vertically hung net weighted down to the sea floor.) It ws at about 7 inches and under roots. This was a dig I would have certainly given up on without a pin pointer. I also found (not shown) an old electrical plate at about 9 inches down. The two animals were also in the same yard. They are very nicely modeled and appear to me to be circa 1940 or so. They were found shallow and very close to one another - anyone recognize them? MVC-005S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG [bg=http://forum.treasurenet.com/images/coinsc.jpg][/bg]

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 500
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 480
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 490
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 458
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool finds, never seen animals like that before.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice New Years Day finds ,looks like old handmade figures ..very nice :thumbsup:

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome finds. Signs of a good year ahead! wtg HH

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with what has been said, as I think those animal figurines are much older than the '40s or '50s. I could be wrong, but the stuff I can remember playing with as a kid (40's-50's) had much more detail. Do some googling, or put them in the "What is it" section. Someone there will probably be able to put a proper date to them. Like the seine fishing liscense. Didn't know anyone got liscenses to seine......almost every place that I know of seineing is illegal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions