Silver Dime Trifecta, Silver Quarters, War Nickel, 1916D Wheat

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi All,

I haven't posted in a long time due mainly to the fact I haven't found anything exciting.
I was out Saturday and a very short time on Sunday. Saturday was not too bad. Sunday was brutal.

The dimes include a 1916 Barber, 1930 (I think) Mercury, 1947 S Roosevelt. I found a mess of wheat cents including a 1916 D. I haven't found many mint-marked older coins in New Jersey. So, that was neat. Most are pretty beat up due to the salt water. Also, found my first war nickel ever 1943 P. And a vintage sterling silver oval St. Christopher's medallion. Will try to post a pic of that later.

My clad totals from the September Nor'Easters through yesterday is around $37.

Happy Hunting!

JCinNJ

Attachments

• trifecta.jpg
    trifecta.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 550
  • 1916d-cent.jpg
    1916d-cent.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 526
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Salt or not, those are some nice finds. Congrats. jgas

Deepseeker 1

Nov 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark, Ace 250
Hi JCin,...WOW! that's doin' some good huntin' there! I'm suprized that you found anything in this weather.....let alone over $30 worth. What type of detector are you using? Are you finding these coins deep? I live in the Boston area and we got hit hard with snow....still pretty c-c-cold here too! I'm going to wait a bit till the ground clears, and the temps come down to a reasonable level before I go out with my Ace 250 again. Sounds like you did well into the new year,...keep up the good work an..."keep the coil to the soil" ....lots o' luck from......

Deepseeker 1 T-net member :headbang: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
JCinNJ

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Deepseeker 1 said:
Hi JCin,...WOW! that's doin' some good huntin' there! I'm suprized that you found anything in this weather.....let alone over $30 worth. What type of detector are you using? Are you finding these coins deep? I live in the Boston area and we got hit hard with snow....still pretty c-c-cold here too! I'm going to wait a bit till the ground clears, and the temps come down to a reasonable level before I go out with my Ace 250 again. Sounds like you did well into the new year,...keep up the good work an..."keep the coil to the soil" ....lots o' luck from......

Deepseeker 1 T-net member :headbang: :icon_thumright:

Hi Deepseeker. I have a 9 year old White's XLT. Just about everything in the pictures was less than 5 inches down. We lost a lot of sand this fall and winter. So, I am sure it used to be a lot deeper.

HH

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I have found silver dimes on Malibu beaches with the same kind of corrosion due to the salt water environment. They come out of the sand pretty ugly looking but generally electrolysis will help them come back to life a bit.

Nice catch of silver!

Ray

S

seger98

Damn the salt water! That sure is rough on them silvers.

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Regardless of the condition to retrieve that batch around here would be unheard of. Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions