Big Silver surprise in the Inland Empire.

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Decided to head out to the Perris area in Southern CA to check out some properties that I have inspected for land development. I had been on this property a few years ago, 15 acers, and new that it had two or three demolished houses that were used for migrant farm hands to live in year ago.

I wasn't doing as well as I thought I would working around the exposed footings until I reached what use to be a raised wooden porch, I pulled back some of the old lumber and as soon as I made a couple of swings with my explorer I got the mixed tone back and fourth between 16 a 29 reading that normally means screw cap on my EX but after exposing the target I was surprised to see what appeared to be a small pill box. When I went to pick it up it was heavy and I became excited to see what was in the box.

Check it out!!

I want to thank all you guys for the responces you have posted. I guess because I spend 99% of my time on the beach I didn't realize the responce my find would generate.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 7,390
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 7,350
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 7,350
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver find congrates :icon_thumleft: is that silver pill box hand painted ? HH Jim

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeet!! :headbang:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, :o

That made banner in a heartbeat ! :o

Great find !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :notworthy:

Congrats !! :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
OH MY GOD WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO now that is a find to start the year off with real damned good i am frozen but i challenge any one to beat this find by late febuary early march YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
that pill box is awesome!!! is it made of silver? looks pretty clean to not be silver... have you checked the botton an inside rim for sterling,925 or 950? stg is used sometimes also for sterling

D9990

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2007
So California
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
That is an awsome find! I live in Nuevo, just outside of Perris. I have found many nice finds in Perris most of them in town. I have gone to many old house sites in the area too but somehow, you beat me to that one!! Very nice find!!

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: With a start like that for the year get back out as soon as you can and start swinging!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what a nice surprise! :o Wow! Congrats on those super finds! :icon_pirat:

N~

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
TL Missouri said:
Way to go on the silver! That pill case looks like it might have some silver on it to.

I think it is silver plated, its not very heavy and there is some rust on the bottom.

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
creeper71 said:
that pill box is awesome!!! is it made of silver? looks pretty clean to not be silver... have you checked the botton an inside rim for sterling,925 or 950? stg is used sometimes also for sterling

I think it is silver plated.

Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
olepossum said:
OH MY GOD WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO now that is a find to start the year off with real damned good i am frozen but i challenge any one to beat this find by late febuary early march YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAA

The only thing in the pill box was the 6 half dollars , the other coins and neckless were found around the site. Coins were all clad including a Canadian quarter. The neckless is not stamped.

Thanks for looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread