Miles apart

K

Kim - PA

Hey everyone,
Boy what a day! We left the house around 7:30 an it was warm about 50 degrees. Stopped to pick up a friend and headed to our first place an old high school didn't do too good stayed for about 3 hours. Grabbed lunch. The temps started to drop an it was raining off an on but nothing is going to keep us from finding silver. Next we hit a couple of baseball fields that have been around since the 50's, still no silver but we are wet and muddy. Last stop another baseball field. We have found silver here before, we have been here for about an hour and a half. Its getting colder and still nothing. Its raining again, we are covered in mud. Finilly I find a token. Then a quarter. Its SNOWING we must be crazy. Mark finds two dimes, the light is fading Dave has a bunch of clad. All in all not a bad day,1 merc, 1 rosie, 1 washington and an old token for 50 cents off a pair of mens shoes from 1927. I found a token for the same store a few months back at a high school, It was dated 1925 for $5.00 off a mens suit. 2 tokens miles apart. Way cool.
Kim - PA

P.S. Sorry no pic's

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on the finds Kim, better day then me, I worked from 7:30 to 12:00 then got to paint for four hours at home!!
The weather turning bad on L.I. too, rain just turned to ice

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At least you got out for a while, Kim. I heard that we'll have some more warm weather next week.

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
As long as you had a good time hunting ,thats what counts. Your determination to dig some silver paid off in the end. WTG! Best of luck to you . HH!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those finds!

;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hooked up with jimmy5503 here in Maryland the same day, started off good but man did it get ugly,I feel your pain.Anyway,glad you caught up with the silver before the snow did!!Think he couldn't sell shoe's then moved two mile's down the road an try his luck on suit's..never know!...Anyway I'm glad I wasn't the only one out in that poop....Good luck and HH!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sounds like ya had a great day, Congrats on some great digs, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread