SC Civil War Hospital digs!

U

umrgolf

Hey Tnet! Today will go down as one of my top 5 days of digging for sure! Got down to Alan's for 2 weeks of vacation/digging on Thursday.. When I was stationed here 2 years ago we stumbled upon a Civil war hospital and thought we had cleaned it out! YA RIGHT! Decided to head back over to the old stomping grounds today :headbang: :laughing7: HH Jeff

General Service Coat, Infantry cuff, Officer staff w/ stars, General service cuff
IMG_0002.JPG

Union Sabre belt hook (2nd this year), sword hanger, iron buckle, rivet, 3 ringer, pistol bullet, underwear button
IMG_0003.JPG

Alan's Finds-- 2 general service cuffs, Calvary cuff, bullet, 1875 IH, 3 ringer shell, underwear button
IMG_0005.JPG

Upvote 0

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!
umrgolf2000 said:
Hey Tnet! Today will go down as one of my top 5 days of digging for sure! Got down to Alan's for 2 weeks of vacation/digging on Thursday.. When I was stationed here 2 years ago we stumbled upon a Civil war hospital and thought we had cleaned it out! YA RIGHT! Decided to head back over to the old stomping grounds today :headbang: :laughing7: HH Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81OOByqYDSk

General Service Coat, Infantry cuff, Officer staff w/ stars, General service cuff

Union Sabre belt hook (2nd this year), sword hanger, iron buckle, rivet, 3 ringer, pistol bullet, underwear button

Alan's Finds-- 2 general service cuffs, Calvary cuff, bullet, 1875 IH, 3 ringer shell, underwear button
Great finds, I bet you guys had alo of fun finding all those items.

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea we had fun! We tore it up.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job guys... fantastic finds!!

Bran <><

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Congrats on the CW finds. I enjoyed the video.
Dman
Dman
Dman
Dman

brookfield

Jan 9, 2010
Utah
Detector(s) used
Explorer se Fishercz3d
Thanks for posting your video it was well done. I enjoyed seeing your finds, I know how much fun you are having. If we can get a little more of this :icon_sunny: I'll be able to get out myself. ;D HHjs

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks guys... Headed back to that area tomorrow :hello2:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, post, and video! :thumbsup: Just a little more work on the name thing maybe. :wink:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Iron Patch said:
Great hunt, post, and video! :thumbsup: Just a little more work on the name thing maybe. :wink:

haha, forgot my name! couldn't decide on Jeff or umrgolf2000... dipstick sounds best :laughing9:

burta

Dec 8, 2009
Tucson Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab4500 GB2
Super finds for a short hunt. You guys are so fortunate to live close to CW spots to hunt. WTG and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thanks guys and burta, you are very right... It is a gift to live so close to all the history! I live in Norfolk, VA and thoroughly enjoy being in the middle of colonial america :icon_thumleft: truly a blessing HH Jeff

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoyed the video! Great historic place you all have there.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Cool finds and video. The pistol bullet is a .44 colt and the rivet you dug went to a sword belt rig. I'm not sure of the proper name we always called them spools.

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thank you guys.. Dang vayank, I did not know that one. I love learning about this stuff.. I knew there was something peculiar about that rivet :laughing9: It was much bigger and sturdier than all the rest I have dug :laughing7:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Went back today, and got a few 3 ringers.. cleaned it up pretty good yesterday :laughing7:

L

lovedigging

Great finds! Think I'd go back and hit it again :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread