Newbie?s first hunt and finds

froggy13

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
I finally got the chance to go out and get acquainted with my detector and search for anything it would detect. Of course I found the usual foil, cans and the like. But then I started digging a little and found a couple of nails and screws. Most aren?t very old but the one in the lower left of the picture appears to be square and fairly rusted. Kind of cool. I also found the huge nut off of some sort of heavy machinery but the most spectacular and precious find is the ancient medallion to the left. After careful cleaning I realized that it was inscribed on the back ?Nintendo 1999? and I believe it to be a very rare and valuable Pokemon pendant from some ancient Burger King promotion circa sometime in the last decade. Thanks for looking and perhaps my next post will be actual relics, I am learning though.

Attachments

• first find 1.jpg
    first find 1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 250
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Great Find on that Ancient Nintendo relic....unusual to find it alone tho...should be accompanied by several species of pulltabs???,....
Glad you were able to get out and use that MD....It is all about learning! :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That little trinket will look pretty good along with the hundreds of other trinkets I'm sure you will find...
I've seen some display cases that look pretty cool with all the different little items tossed in. They make for great conversation pieces...
Good luck next time out, & Happy hunting~

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Frog,

welcome to the board.

Congrat. on your "ancient" find.

Like your attitude, you will do well.

have a good un...................

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Hear, Hear! or Here, Here! whichever...... ;D welcome and I look forward to even MORE signifigant finds from you! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions