JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hello everyone,

Figured I would pop in here and give some thoughts on the new whites spectra V3. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago. Weather has been bad but Saturday I was able to get out for about 5 hrs or so with the unit.

Nothing great yet to speak of. Did however pull a nice key date indian a 69. Also found a neat token for the pittsburgh gazette. Got a thick copper coin unknown looks to be about 24 mm. No silver yet. Just trying to familarize myself with the new tones and such. This is alot of unit even coming from a dfx. I had close to 10 yrs exp on the dfx. I was close to master on that unit. maybe even a master.

Well not the same yet for the V3. Gonna take me some time to master this unit. I really like it so far. It has a wealth of info to use. The wireless headphones are great. I'm a woods hunter and brush is a real pain with wires. Balance is very good on the unit. It is very sensitive this unit. Like the fact that the dpeth is on the fly with this unit.

I had the sef 18X15 coil on the unit. Decided to go to a heavily hunted out park by myself and others. The coil is very heavy and one I won't be swinging all the time. Wanted to get a feel for it. I lasted hunting with it for 3 hrs or so at a time. But man my bicep was sore the next day. Gonna invest in some more coils in the future.

The spectra does very well in bad soils. Most coins I pulled out were in bad soil conditions. The indian came from down about 8 to 9 inches. Had a decent response and hit a vdi of 47. Very similar to the dfx. I think I'm gonna really like this unit. I can't say right now it is better than the dfx.

Once I learn more and can get the adjustments were I want them. And I start popping out some silver I can make a more accurate judgement. Can't wait till the spring to put this unit through the test.

HH Jer

Attachments

• v3 first finds 006.JPG
    v3 first finds 006.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,383
  • v3 first finds 007.JPG
    v3 first finds 007.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 1,564
  • v3 first finds 008.JPG
    v3 first finds 008.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,354
  • v3 first finds 009.JPG
    v3 first finds 009.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,413
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys,

I don't have many fatties I can tell you that. I got about 10 out of over 400 in the last 8 yrs. The dfx will hit tabs at a certain vdi almost all the time with no depth to them. The fatties come in a few vdi numbers lower and have depth to them.

The wirless headphones are nice. But I do agree batteries go dead in them very quickly. About 20 hrs if your lucky. They run on 2 double aa's. Rechargeable batteries will be needed for these headphones. They are comfortable though. Problem with wired headphones for me is I end up destroying them over a few seasons with stretching the cord out.

The last pair I had were 80.00 and they lasted 2 seasons. Then they needed serviced. Lasted another season now they need serviced again. Lifetime warranty but I need my equiptment with me not shipped out constantly.

It's a good idea to send out the unit if it's that old. It's about 60.00 for a tune up. It will come back running great. I've sent them detectors about 10 times over the yrs. Everytime they came back they were finding silver again very easily. Over the yrs of being bumped around knocks the settings off some.

I think they just reprogram the unit back to were it needs to be. I've had good sucess with them recalibrating the units I sent them. I sent my dfx out last spring. And I had a streak of like 20 straight outings with silver. They do a good job making them like new again.

Bryce, I really wanted to make a leap and get the explorer. I was basically just looking for that right deal on a new unit. Weather it be whites or minelab. I just wanted the best and a new top of the line. I think I could do well with either one. When I saw the deal for the spectra and the price I went after it and ended up getting it. So I guess it was meant to be. I no longer care for specific brands. I just want the best and that is it.

Whites and minelab seem to be in a heavy hitting competition with one another. I've been told though by alot of people. Weather you have a etrac or v3 your gonna do well with either one. The minelabs seem to be deeper right out of the box though on silver than the V3. But the V3 I think just like the dfx takes alot of time to learn. Once it's learned it will find silver well also.

Thanks alot guys

HH Jer

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token.....and looks to be worth the investment. I also know some one who purchased the V3 and loves it.....has gone back to several sites and found a number of coins and relics deep... WTG

Keep on Digging!! John

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks John,

Yes seems to be a good unit. Can't wait to see what it can really do out there. Just been researching everyday and waiting for the weather to break. Got alot of old sites to recomb over with the spectra. We'll see what happens. New spots and research is very key anymore.

HH Jer

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds & Field Test Jer !

This would Make a Great post to move to the Whites forum
in the Future, after it Slows Up.

Jeff

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

Jeff, That would be a really good idea. I am a member on that board also. Just haven't posted anything yet. I use t-net primarily for posting finds. I like the whites forum though also. It is like a younger brother to this site right. Could you leave a link to get to that website again. I know a few guys on that forum that are enginers for whites. I should spend some more time on that site. Needs built up. Not enough info on the spectra yet.

So when it slows down here. I am fine with it being moved over to that board. I'll try and update it with more info as I get out and learn more about what this unit can do.

Thanks

Jeremy

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx Now JerV3 said:
Thanks alot guys.

Jeff, That would be a really good idea. I am a member on that board also. Just haven't posted anything yet. I use t-net primarily for posting finds. I like the whites forum though also. It is like a younger brother to this site right. Could you leave a link to get to that website again. I know a few guys on that forum that are enginers for whites. I should spend some more time on that site. Needs built up. Not enough info on the spectra yet.

So when it slows down here. I am fine with it being moved over to that board. I'll try and update it with more info as I get out and learn more about what this unit can do.

Thanks

Jeremy

I was talking Our Whites Forum Jer
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,212.0.html
I Can't Move From here to Whites.

but will leave a link when I do get a Round To it
images.jpg

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes,

That would be fine also Jeff. Need more info on the spectra in the whites section of this forum also. I myself have been to that section of the forum trying to get info and none was really available. So I could see this thread helping someone out when they visit that section of this forum.

Anymore spectra info I will try and add to that part of the forum. It needs something to start to get it off the ground.

Thanks again

Jeremy

jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx Now JerV3 said:
Hello everyone,

Figured I would pop in here and give some thoughts on the new whites spectra V3. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago. Weather has been bad but Saturday I was able to get out for about 5 hrs or so with the unit.

Nothing great yet to speak of. Did however pull a nice key date indian a 69. Also found a neat token for the pittsburgh gazette. Got a thick copper coin unknown looks to be about 24 mm. No silver yet. Just trying to familarize myself with the new tones and such. This is alot of unit even coming from a dfx. I had close to 10 yrs exp on the dfx. I was close to master on that unit. maybe even a master.

Well not the same yet for the V3. Gonna take me some time to master this unit. I really like it so far. It has a wealth of info to use. The wireless headphones are great. I'm a woods hunter and brush is a real pain with wires. Balance is very good on the unit. It is very sensitive this unit. Like the fact that the dpeth is on the fly with this unit.

I had the sef 18X15 coil on the unit. Decided to go to a heavily hunted out park by myself and others. The coil is very heavy and one I won't be swinging all the time. Wanted to get a feel for it. I lasted hunting with it for 3 hrs or so at a time. But man my bicep was sore the next day. Gonna invest in some more coils in the future.

The spectra does very well in bad soils. Most coins I pulled out were in bad soil conditions. The indian came from down about 8 to 9 inches. Had a decent response and hit a vdi of 47. Very similar to the dfx. I think I'm gonna really like this unit. I can't say right now it is better than the dfx.

Once I learn more and can get the adjustments were I want them. And I start popping out some silver I can make a more accurate judgement. Can't wait till the spring to put this unit through the test.

HH Jer nice machine very espensive good luck

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks,

Yes, It was alot of money. If it weren't for the decent deal I got on it I wouldn't have paid close to 2000 for the stuff I got. The guy I bought this from paid like 1800 and something. No unit is worth that much. Anything over a thousand for a unit is getting up there to high. I got a good deal and won't be upgrading again for another 10 yrs or so.

HH Jer

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
now would be a good time to write a book on the dfx....so much knowlege you have on that unit that others would love to learn and would be glad to pay for and i'm speaking for myself also... plus all the shortcuts and "tweaks" that you learned long ago and aren't to be found in any books. you'd be surprised at how much you forget when you're not using something...i keep pretty meticulous notes on fishing and photography and when i review those notes i'm shocked at how much i have already forgotten but then of course i'm 60. just a thought (and a wish!) dan in so cal

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot dan.

You know what my dad is 56 and told me the same thing the other day. He said I should write a book about TH and all the great finds I have made over the yrs. I am a very good writer and like to do it. I am not so good with punctuation. I would need the whole book proof read by a pro.

Maybe here at some point I could write a book even if it doesn't get published. I could write a great book about places to hunt tips and tricks and so forth. May just do that one winter.

Hope I have been of help to you man. I like to see others just starting out have some sucess. I am a very humble person and like to help others. Thanks alot for recognizing my acomplishments in the hobby.

Take care man and keep at it. You didn't become a great fisher man over night. Took lots of prcatice patience and then it all comes together. You spend enough time at something and you will master it.

I beleive it to be about 10,000 hrs in anything. I was a darn good ball player. Played semi pro never made it to the pro's. That is something I have spent more than 10,000 hrs doing just like I have with detecting.

Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread