The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday was just gorgeous....you could not have a better day for January 23 here in western NY. Knowing the temperature was going to be near 40 and sunny it made for the perfect day to get out and take our chances...with mild temps all week the ground was beginning to thaw, so I made plans with a friend of mine Jim who I go detecting with occasionally. We made our way to the site and found there was no snow anywhere and ground was not froze.....that was a good sign. We started detecting and the coins and Relics started to pop out, the first coin I found was a .......(MONTREAL - AGRICULTURAL TOKEN )

PB250007 Large e-mail view.jpg
PB250008 Large e-mail view.jpg

In the past I have found Spanish silver and a number of old coppers on the hill. Today was no different .......as I went to the truck for the Video camera I heard Jim say I have something good and moments later out pops a 1835 Large Cent and more coppers to follow.....

PB250006 Large e-mail view.jpg

Along with the coins and relics out popped this beautiful War of 1812 era Riflemans button in great shape.

PB250010 Large e-mail view.jpg

PB250009 Large e-mail view.jpg

This day could not have turned out any better to start the new season , with the sun shining it felt as if it was in the 50's and it felt good. We both found some nice stuff........ but as I look out the window today, It is once again snowing and in the 20's...... so for a brief moment this month we had the chance to get out and swing the detector and it felt good...............Keep on Digging!!!!

John

PB250001 Large e-mail view.jpg

PB250004 Large e-mail view.jpg

Upvote 0

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I like the coppers and buttons. It looks like you have two Canadian bank tokens there. I love searching hills. It's one of the few geographical features that can almost always produce earlier finds. Makes you wonder who camped up on Woodchuck hill. Settlers? Soldiers? Canadians?
I enjoyed your post. Thanks!
Dave.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some eye popping finds, John...CONGRATS :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful! :icon_pirat:
And that button is amazing, J! :o

Nana :wink:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, great finds! that green LC looks great!! congrats big time on a great hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread