Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Found GOLD in the BRADSHAWS

neal S. said:
:laughing9: :o :o
That is wicked cool!!!!!!!!
have you weighed it in water yet to get the actual gold weight?
If the Rock is 20lbs there could be 1-4 LBS of that stuff we hunt.
12,000.00 per lb woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!

VERY VERY EXCELLENT FIND!

hhta
Neals

Wouldn't 4 lbs of gold be like $69,376? (@$1081.00/oz.)

neal S.

Apr 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett // Garrett // Fisher Gold Bug

ever heard of a troy pound???
that is how gold is measured
look it up. it's always good to learn.

hhta
thxns

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good for you dan, keep us posted.

Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola

DanB said:
This rock tips the scales just over 20 lbs.......Found today in the Bradshaws.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:.....just stumbled on to it.....walking in a fresh (new) river bed.....carved out by a winter storm....
This thing makes the metal detector SCREAM.....
db
If it is a historical find it will need to be documented,that means an exact
GPS coordinate,it will make the find worth a lot more!
LabradorBob

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW. That is huge. Thats got my banner vote.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

this piece is worth several times spot price at over 20 lbs.................not just gold content!!!!!!!!!it is a spectacular SPECIMEN!!!!!!not just gold content only!!!!!!best banner find i have seen so far! :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :notworthy:

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

If that is gold, You just rang my number... I hope it it worth a new Mercedes or two for you.. Congratulations on finding real treasure...

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you could make a million and never sell it!first call the manafacturer of the detector you were using................thats the best advertising they could ask for(pay-for) ........endorsements........appearances(paid-for).......people would pay-just to see it!!!!........not to mention free detectors......t.v. appearances.....you could probably get your own detector series on the outdoor channel,science channel,discovery or tlc..........any detector on the market would pay dearly for you to say you use there detector!!!!! :thumbsup: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :read2: :thumbsup: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: think about it :icon_pirat:

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't think pyrite will register on a metal detector :read2: Nice piece of Banner gold :sunny:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Spectacular find :o :o :o I agree what outhers have said, if that's Gold in the rock, then it would be worth more as a specimen, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :icon_thumleft:

SS

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This should answer a few questions about Pyrites there's a link also , below is whats quoted in the link . Good luck great find :thumbsup:

It can be tricky to the beginner! Below I have added some pictures that show the differences in common pyrites found in Arizona and Arizona gold. I detected all the gold you see in the pictures below with using either a White's GMT or a Minelab GP Extreme. Click the pictures to enlarge them. Some of the pieces of gold pictured below I have never shown before making this web page. All the gold below is specimen gold they are not nuggets. The reason I used specimen gold is all of the pictures I am sent always have "host rock" in them. You cannot "flake" gold off a rock with a knife, if you hit gold in rock the rock will break/shatter but the gold will flatten/bend. Pyrite if struck with a hammer will shatter/crumble.

http://arizonagoldprospectors.com/goldandpyrites/metaldetector.html

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

cuzcosquirrel said:
Hope you marked where you found it. This might start a new "lost mine" legend.

That rock has tumbled down the river quite a ways. See how rounded it is? It's been rolling for a while so finding the source of this Gold could take a long time. I'd say it's worth the hunt though :headbang:

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro

Totally cool rock. That is enough to keep ya swinging. By the way what detector did you use?

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll

Congrats that is a great find!!! I hope this works out for you :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread