Second day out with Cibola

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Not much still, but I think if there was anything good to be found this machine would be finding it ;D Found this on paths iv already detected countless times. Not much, just peters and UMC Arrow shotgun shells and a neat old bullet. Not sure what kind the bullet is but I think iv seen similar ones on cw sites. The bullet was really deep, almost 7 inches.

Attachments

• SecondCibolaFinds.JPG
    SecondCibolaFinds.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...good going Jake!

;)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Jake,

glad your getting out.

So what have you learned so far about your new machine; it takes time.

Keep on working with it and you two will become a team.

have a good un.................

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Thanks guys, love the new detector, gettin alot I missed with my old one :) Everyone asks if im in a cw area, why is that? Are these finds typical of a cw camp? as far as i know its just been used for hunting/farming since the early 1700's. No record of cw stuff here, but there might have been indian encounters and stuff as iv read in history books.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Maybe not so much Civil War , Jake...a little earlier....wasnt your entire town a outpost in the French Indian War....search the records of the historical society there ....who first owned the farm?

Good luck on your new Hunts!!!!

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Ill get the huge history book from the libraary and check it out again, last time I kinda just skimmed thru it...

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
So Jake, you're learning the truth about Tesoro.

It's amazing how on another forum they almost constantly run-down all Tesoros. They call them cheap, outdated, poor in depth, bad target ID, etc. LOL!

Anyway, you seem to have a good number of friends here and they'll believe you.

Get ready to find stuff you never dreamed was at that site. ;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it Jake. As you learn your new detector the finds will get better and better. And it sounds like you're in an area with a lot of good hunting potential. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Huntin' 59er

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jake, I'm glad to hear of more Tesoro users on this forum. I think that you are going to be amazed at how much stuff that your going to find that other Brands, and other TID machines, missed. I use a Lobo Super Traq and a Vaquero, and I'll never go back to the other brands.

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I know, today I was amazed at the amount of bullets and shells I found in an area Iv hunted over the most! Only downside is now im finding all those .22 shells my other detector missed :P

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Tesoro metal detectors are very good detectors..
They are light, affordable and have a lifetime warranty...I bought mine in 1986, broke down in 1999, sent it for repair in 2001 and it was fixed for free... :)
I found plenty of silver coins and my only gold coin with the golden sabre...

That is not to say that all other detectors are good too .
I owned three fishers, (Though the Gemini 3 was not that good at all)...One Radio shack detector....not good back then...One treasure sensor, you had to dig everything, and two dowsing rods...no luck here ...

I have Minelab now that I use in combination with my Tesoro on manicured lawns...The Gt is for finding the targets, and the Tesoro with the 4 inch coil is for pinpointing the target...

I put a marker on top of every signal, before using the small coil.

I also have a Sand Shark for when I go snorkling...Once a year...lou

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread