Love those Mercs!

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
It has been very warm here the last few days ? in the 50?s. Thursday was sunny. Yesterday the rain threated but held off. Both days Marilyn dropped Nate off at the park around 3pm and I came up and met him around 4pm. The first day we each found a wheat penny and clad. The second day I come up and just as I am walking up to Nate he is digging a hole that he excitedly proclaims ?sounds really good!? Well, I had heard that before but curiousity kept me looking on. Much to my surprise he pulls out a 1942 Mercury Dime. :o Wow, I thought this park was cleaned out. Well, it got me pumped up and about a half hour later I dig a signal that I thought was going to be a zinc penny and it?s a 1924 Mercury Dime! ;D In the next 45 minutes we both managed to get a wheat penny and Nate got the half dollar. The sun had set and it was getting pretty dark. I told Nate we better be heading back to the car. We head across the park and as we are getting closer to the car I get a signal and Nate gets a signal. I dig and somehow manage to recover the clad coin in the dark and Nate recovers his coin only to proclaim another ?SCORE!? . Yep, last dig of the day gives him another Mercury Dime. ::) Just wait til next time, I?ll show him. ;) :D

Mirage
(picture includes a couple tokens from an outing last week in Lorain)

Mirage

Attachments

• Jan20b.jpg
    Jan20b.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 388
  • Jan20a.jpg
    Jan20a.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
A

Aerosmithy

thats an awsome collection
(the dog tag looks like a bell lol)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and congrats on the silver! HH, Mike

R

rb

Nice haul for the day guys... You have to love those hunted out parks huh... HH RB

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. Nice haul. Just love merc's, too.

Joe

R

rb

Nice haul for the day guys... You have to love those hunted out parks huh... HH RB

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's..only found a few..Hunted out park's are replenished every week..WTG and HH!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nice collection you've got going there! Especially like the pulltabs added for effect. ;D HH

tgravatt

Dec 21, 2005
Pierre, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Hello!

Wow! That is a lot of great finds!

I would check that 1942 Mercury dime, there are some that have an error, meaning a 2 stamped over the 1 in 42/41, which in grade XF-40 is a whopping $1,250.00!

I can't tell from the Pic, but if it is a 1942/41 D, then in XF-40 it would be worth about $1,375.00!

Here is a link for that information; http://www.pcgs.com/prices/frame.chtml?type=date&filename=mercury_dimes

Great finds though!

Congrats!

HH and good luck!

T.G.Creations

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds!

You two are doing great!!!!

Keep 'em coming!

;)

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Thanks for the replies. It's a lot of fun finding the stuff and nice to post and get others feedback.

tgravatt - Thanks for the info on the 41/42 . I checked and no deal. We did find another 42 merc earlier this year -it had a "slipped die" error. I think that is what you call it. We took it into the coin shop and he said it might be worth $20 or so. It is like a double die error just not as pronounced.

Anyway, Happy Hunting all!

Mirage

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Me to Bob. You guys had a nice day. It will be cool when my 2 boys are older and we can hunt alot. My one son is gonna be 5 here in a few weeks. I had him out hunting since he was 1 and a half. He was always a tough little boy even from birth. Now he can spot a marble coin artifact quicker than we can. Look out I think I got another elite treasure hunter in the making.

It is alot of fun spending time together. It's just something for the boys. It's nice to get away and not think about anything else.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread