Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was certainly one of the hardest days Ive hunted.Civilman1 was kind enough to take me to one of his sites today.This site was a farm in Antietem Battlefield.One of the young men who lived there told me when I asked about the date of the house ,1860.I met up with civilman and we got started about 9:00 am.We started in a field and both of us found alot of fence wire and modern shells and muzzle loader bullets.We decided to go up to the house and try our luck there.We started out in a little garden area in front of the house where I found 3 buttons.Two of them are made of lead.I never knew this.Upon scanning I realized there was writing on the button.I looked with my loopand it says LAM on top and BALTIM on bottom. Its only partial but I think it is LAMB BALTIMORE,any ideas? One is aluminum.We broke for lunch and hurriedly got back to work.We moved in closer to the house.About 15 yds from the front porch I got a solid penny/dime signal on jak8s ace.I dug down about 4-5 in. and layin in the hole was my first round ball.WOW! I showed civilman and thought ,maybe its just a modern muzzleloader load for an old style flintlock.Cause it was only 4-5 in.So after hunting further ,about 4:30 I got another solid penny/dime signal.I dug down about 4-5 in. and AGAIN,in the bottom lay a THREE RINGER!.Ididnt know what to think now.BTW after lunch civilman said all we need is just one coin even a penny.My first signal was the 66 memorial,HAHA.Not so funny ,he said your walkin home.Then after the 3 ringer he said your definately walkin,LOL.All in all it was a great day of huntin with a GOOD buddy.We hunted just like work,from 9 to 5.Thank you civilman.

P.S. Ill let civilman tell you of his finds.

Thanx for lookin ,jimmy

Attachments

• antietem1.jpg
    antietem1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 303
  • antietem2.jpg
    antietem2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 255
  • antietem3.jpg
    antietem3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice, and thanks for the pics! Hope the walk home wasn't too bad... ;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you have your foot in the door....No telling what you will find on your next adventure!!!! Keep on Digging.....seeker

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alway's welcome jimmy5503..great clean up,three ringer look's better that I expected.Great job,had a good time out there today,have'nt even scratched the surface of this place.Congratulation's...talk to you later....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy, looks like you & Civilman had a good outing today. Good finds! :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is enough to give you the CW fever!! Good luck on future hunts. :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Jimmy! Don't you just love relic hunting!

You did good!!!

;)

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
birdman said:
That is enough to give you the CW fever!! Good luck on future hunts.? :)

Thats exactly what Ive got but didnt know what to call it birdman"CW Fever".Thanx

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx for the replies all.This site is FULL of CW history!

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No wonder in the old days they walked bent over.... they had lead buttons ;) Great finds, next time something much better.

Peter
South Africa

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Jimmy. I read Civil's post and was dying to see what you found. Now I see. Those "bullets" are cool. Kinda surprised you didn't find more coins. It is a lot of fun to go with someone else. My son and I "compete" against each other. He use to always do better than me. Now that I got a good metal detector I always give him a good run for the money. ;D You know if that was a zinc penny you definitely would have been walking! :D

Mirage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread